Menu

Would you allow your child to eat homemade Halloween treats?

we had a neighbor who would tell the moms she was making candy apples, so she'd know it was okay to give them to us. she only gave them to kids whose moms had already said yes. it was a joy for her and for us. now i make them and take them to hallowe'en parties.... people can opt in or out, their call.

hth,

ann

A couple people locally do it, and I let my kids eat them. They put name/address labels on the treats. Since we only TOT locally then recognize the house/family and let my kids eat them.

Addendum: We got at Target this year the glow bracelets from the dollar spot (15 of them for $1) to give out. They also had 75 little pumpkin erasers for $4. We plan to give a bracelet or two and an eraser. Since we have nut allergies in or own family we give out non-food items for the most part. We did do the individually-wrapped pretzel packs from Costco one year.

Edited by WeeBeaks

When I was a kid Trick or Treating, my mom always made us throw away the stuff that was homemade, unless we knew the source was from a neighbour we were familiar with. Today, though we don't do Halloween, I'd throw away anything homemade, even if we knew the person, due to food allergies. Sorry! It does seem so much nicer and old fashioned, but you also don't want to waste your time and money. If you still want to do Halloween baking why not make up little goody bags for your kids close friends? We do this for Halloween and Valentine's Day. :001_smile: