Menu

Yippee! Reading progress at last!

momto2Cs

My dd8 is a late reader, and I have often worried about it. We tried a few different programs, then settled back into using ETC and a book called Easy Lessons for Teaching Word Families, along with easy readers. She loves doing the word families on the whiteboard!

Yesterday she flew through her word families, even when I threw in some blends. She then read a Nora Gaydos book with very little trouble, and about 60-65% of Green Eggs and Ham. I am in awe. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! :party:

I know there is still a long road ahead of us, but this is the first time I have seen this much progress so quickly!

:001_smile: Well done!

DS12 was a late reader, it finally 'clicked' for him at around age 8. He's now doing wonderfully well at a very good school and actually spends hours reading for pleasure.

DS7 has had similar problems, he struggles on very courageously, but it can be incredibly frustrating for both of us.

Wishing you both smooth progress from now on.

Cassy