Menu

Too many books! *gasp*

I have too many books that I need to read right now.

3 in progress (I generally don't like to have more than 1 book)

4 sitting next to me waiting

I'm too overwhelmed so I just stopped reading. Anyone else do this, or is this just my typical "Beth logic" as my DH so fondly refers to my reasoning? :tongue_smilie:

Well? Tell us which books you're in the middle of! :)

Oh, nothing stellar, mostly Aspergers books because I'm stressed out about ds15.

In progress:

For the Love of Evil (Piers Anthony Incarnation series)

Growing Up on the Spectrum: A guide to life, love, and learning for Teens and Young Adults with Autism and Aspergers

Developing Talents: Careers for individuals with Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism

Waiting:

How to Teach Life Skills to Kids with Autism or Asperger's

Asperger's On the Job: Must-have advice for people with Asperger's or High Functioning Autism, and their employers, educators, and advocates

The Mysterious Benedict Society (library finally notified me that I'm next for the ebook)

Caves of Steel (Isaac Asimov)

And there are others that look good, but I can't add anymore to my list until I read some of these. I got too many Asperger's books at one time. I went into a panic after being depressed and anxious for a couple of weeks and ordered 4. Now I feel obligated to read them all right away. :D

Perhaps you have some kind of dyslexia? -- I believe you have accidentally swapped the second and third words of your first sentence?

Instead of 'I have too many books to read right now.'

It should be 'I too have many books to read right now.' ??

Wouldn't that only be if I was agreeing with someone else who said they had too many books to read?

Although, yes, I do switch words around when typing quickly. I also leave words out. Reading can be difficult because I have ADD and my eyes jump all over the place because reading individual words and/or individual lines takes so long!! But then I realize I've missed something and I have to go back and read the passages. It's not too bad when I'm reading novels but I get frustrated when I'm reading textbooks. I have to read aloud to make sure I'm really getting the gist of it all. :tongue_smilie:

[ATTACH]6673[/ATTACH]

This is my to read pile. I just need someone else to see this to be a part of my insanity. I probably should have given up a long time ago. People kept posting my wish list books on PBS and I can't say no to books...

Nice pile!

I'm in the Too Many camp at the moment, because six or seven of my on-hold library books all came in at the same time. I've been waiting for months for some of these, and they've all just become available (and they're all still on hold for other people, so there will be no chance of renewing). Hope the family likes sandwiches for dinner, because I've got to get to reading!

I have too many books that I need to read right now.

3 in progress (I generally don't like to have more than 1 book)

4 sitting next to me waiting

I'm too overwhelmed so I just stopped reading. Anyone else do this, or is this just my typical "Beth logic" as my DH so fondly refers to my reasoning? :tongue_smilie:

I'll stop reading when my heart stops beating. :D

I always have a few going and a list of "to read". It makes me happy to know I won't ever run out of material.