Menu

is BFIAR laid out like FIAR?

caedmyn

It is not the same not, it basically has a bunch of activities to do with the books, the activities are FIAR quality but they change according the the book. It also is not necessarily set up to do 5 days in a row and each book as a different set of activities. I really like it for my little ones but I have not actually done FIAR yet.

I agree with the pp's answer. The activities are divided by subject, but not the same ones as FIAR and you don't have every single subject with every book. For example and off the top of my head, for some books there may be an activity for performing arts, Bible and counting. Other books may have animal classification, visual arts and vocabulary. There are also more activities for some books than others.

We LOVE the BFIAR books and have great memories from doing the activities!

I may get in trouble for saying this, but we found BFIAR a bit... dull. Many of the activities were things we would do anyway with our stories. It does make a good reading list, though.

We've been doing volume one of FIAR, and as long as we pick the easiest of the activities for each subject, dd hasn't had any problems. A lot of the stuff is a bit more involved, whereas I remember with BFIAR it was a lot of "talk to your child about..."

I may get in trouble for saying this, but we found BFIAR a bit... dull. Many of the activities were things we would do anyway with our stories. It does make a good reading list, though.

We've been doing volume one of FIAR, and as long as we pick the easiest of the activities for each subject, dd hasn't had any problems. A lot of the stuff is a bit more involved, whereas I remember with BFIAR it was a lot of "talk to your child about..."

I totally agree. I was really disappointed in BFIAR. It took me too long to search the internet for activities for free to do with the book. I was so upset when I realized - after purchasing the book - that you have to pay 9 dollars for each activity book (lapbook) from the publisher. I thought that is what I would be purchasing. I know there are free resources out there but I didn't want to have to find them. I then bought the Core Knowledge "What Your Preschooler Needs to Know" book and the two activity books. I love that the activity book has most of the cut-out and stickers that you need in the back.

I totally agree. I was really disappointed in BFIAR. It took me too long to search the internet for activities for free to do with the book. I was so upset when I realized - after purchasing the book - that you have to pay 9 dollars for each activity book (lapbook) from the publisher. I thought that is what I would be purchasing. I know there are free resources out there but I didn't want to have to find them. I then bought the Core Knowledge "What Your Preschooler Needs to Know" book and the two activity books. I love that the activity book has most of the cut-out and stickers that you need in the back.

I'm actually not good at thinking up activities so a simple guide would be helpful for me. But I looked up the Core Knowledge book and that one looks great. I think he'd really enjoy it and I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of rounding up the books for BFIAR. So I may go with that instead. Thanks for the recommendation.