Menu

States and Capitals flashcards (printable)?

lindsrae

I would like to make a "go fish" game to help my DDs 6 and 3 learn about the states (the 3 yr old to recognize states and 6 yr old to learn capitals). I would like the picture of the state, the state name, and the capital on the same card (don't know if I can find that last one...) I found these: http://www.justmommies.com/unit_studies/alabama-florida.pdf which are ok--the shape of some states are not well defined though. Does anyone else have something better? Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

Not a printable but the Scrambled States of America game cards are cute with shape, capital, and nicknames. Questions also help teach position and other facts. DS got it for his 6th birthday and learned everything in a couple weeks. Now we're moving onto countries of the world. :tongue_smilie:

What I did was to save all the state/capital maps from this website into one file. I printed the entire set all at the same time onto card stock. If you are not certain how to do that: hold Control and left-click on every file you wish to print. Once they are all highlighted, right-click on any of the files and select print (hold control until you you click print). I set my printer "page scaling" (in the printer dialog box that pops up when you click print) to multiple pages per sheet, 4 per sheet. I also had it print page borders to make it easier to cut them out lol!

You could laminate them for durability or even cover them in clear contact paper.

What I did was to save all the state/capital maps from this website into one file. I printed the entire set all at the same time onto card stock. If you are not certain how to do that: hold Control and left-click on every file you wish to print. Once they are all highlighted, right-click on any of the files and select print (hold control until you you click print). I set my printer "page scaling" (in the printer dialog box that pops up when you click print) to multiple pages per sheet, 4 per sheet. I also had it print page borders to make it easier to cut them out lol!

You could laminate them for durability or even cover them in clear contact paper.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted! Thank you! And thank you for explaining how to make them into flashcards...I am really dumb when it comes to the computer!

I don't know that it helps you now, but Target always has them in the dollar section at back to school time. By the time you factor in the time commitment and the cardstock and ink, two dollars for a matching set is probably the better deal.

Wish I had thought of this earlier... :)

Have you looked at flash cards? Buy 2 sets so you can have pairs.

I have...but I wanted ones with a blank back; a lot of sets have the state on one side and the answer on the back.

How about this? I just did the Indiana one for you but when you do a search, you'll find the other States as well. We're doing the coloring pages.

http://www.crayola.com/free-coloring-pages/print/us-state-flash-cards-indiana-coloring-page/

These are super cute too! Thank you, everyone, for your help!