Menu

Did something dumb - melted my Bosch mixer bowl!

I am sick...can't believe I did this! I've taken such good care of my beloved Bosch for several years. The flour was in the freezer, so the dough was very cold. I had a brilliant idea - preheated the oven for about 1 minute, then turned the heat off. *This is where the plan broke down. :/ I put the dough in the perfectly lukewarm oven to rise, still in the Bosch bowl. BUT I forgot to turn the oven off!!! It was a bad scene and a terrible smell of burned plastic.

Anyway, as soon as I can stop beating myself up, I'll need to order a new bowl. The plastic bowls I have seen for $105, and the stainless steel for $125-140. Does anyone know of a discount site to order replacement bowls? I would be most appreciative. Sigh. Apparently, I am not worth of the mighty Bosch!:001_unsure:

Oh what a bummer! :grouphug: I love my Bosch and have melted it too (too close to the stove), but, thankfully, it still works fine. I don't know where to get a bowl any cheaper, but if you must buy one at those prices may I recommend purchasing from the Urban Homemaker. I've bought from them for years, and the husband died suddenly, so the wife is now widowed with children. Anyways, just thought I'd put that out there.

Oh what a bummer! :grouphug: I love my Bosch and have melted it too (too close to the stove), but, thankfully, it still works fine. I don't know where to get a bowl any cheaper, but if you must buy one at those prices may I recommend purchasing from the Urban Homemaker. I've bought from them for years, and the husband died suddenly, so the wife is now widowed with children. Anyways, just thought I'd put that out there.

I wish it had just been the outside, but the bottom melted worse than any other part because it was sitting on the metal rungs. UGH. I will check out Urban Homemaker for other things as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

Oh my. I am so sorry. A similar thing happened to me this weekend. I melted the bowl to my Nutrimill. I went to grind some flour to make bread and accidentally let the bowl get too close to the burner for the teakettle. Fortunately, Pleasant Hill Grain has such excellent customer service and fast shipping that I received my new bowl only a couple days later. Bummer that I had to pay for that part and my mistake, but I am thrilled that I am not out of commission.