Menu

Zip tie danger....

This happened in our area. Here's more info. Sooooo sad. I don't know what the little girls condition is today. You might not think such a thing could harm your child....but it's a good reminder to tell your kids to never put one around their neck. Better yet.....if zip ties are laying around get rid of them. I can imagine her trying to pull it off but she probably kept pulling it tighter.....the little "teeth" of the thing kind of lock. It makes me so sad. :crying:

My dd did this last year when she was 6, She thought it would be like a necklace but luckily didn't pull it to the extent it was tight but rather joined it up then realised it didn't come off and shouted for me, i was able to cut it off easily. It was one of those where on earth did she get it from moments. I hope that little girl is ok, sounds like she is in a pretty bad way.

My husband had a call for a kid with a zip tie around his neck, I think before the 10y.o. was born. It was so tight, he and his partner - two big guys - could barely get the scissors under it. And, you know, flesh moves!

That kid was ok. My husband, on the other hand, hasn't looked at zip tie the same since. They are, literally, under lock and key at our house, in the highest cabinet in the (locked) garage.

How horrible. That poor child.

Praying for her and her parents.

:iagree:

My dd did this last year when she was 6, She thought it would be like a necklace but luckily didn't pull it to the extent it was tight but rather joined it up then realised it didn't come off and shouted for me, i was able to cut it off easily. It was one of those where on earth did she get it from moments. I hope that little girl is ok, sounds like she is in a pretty bad way.

Your dd was really lucky it wasn't worse. It's amazing that a child would look at one of those things and think to make it a necklace. I suppose if one is already in a circle it gives them the idea.

My husband had a call for a kid with a zip tie around his neck, I think before the 10y.o. was born. It was so tight, he and his partner - two big guys - could barely get the scissors under it. And, you know, flesh moves!

That kid was ok. My husband, on the other hand, hasn't looked at zip tie the same since. They are, literally, under lock and key at our house, in the highest cabinet in the (locked) garage.

Wow....I'm so glad that kid was ok. It's amazing that this one that they cut off the little girl was pulled to 3" around. How is that even possible??

I'll update if I hear anything more about her.

Poor little girl.

I did not know what a "zip tie" was until I saw the video. Mr. Ellie uses those at his work all the time; they're called "tie wraps."

We don't have any young dc in our home right now, and we don't usually have tie wraps lying around the house, but I'll be sure to keep watch on both.

:iagree:

Your dd was really lucky it wasn't worse. It's amazing that a child would look at one of those things and think to make it a necklace. I suppose if one is already in a circle it gives them the idea.

She had similar rubbery things you can thread beads on then they clip together but come apart easily and all I can think is that she thought it was the same principle.