Menu

Crazy question - Saxon Math ..if we have 20 chapters left...

I do think those last chapters have a lot of meat in them. Will it ruin your dc not to get them? No. They will see it again in 6/5. But, the concepts will be introduced so much more thoroughly in Saxon 5/4.

Here's what I would do. I would skip any lessons that your dc knows hands-down. That might be few and far between at this point in the book. Otherwise, I would double-up on some lessons. Teach two lessons, but assign one day's worth of problems. Or assign 1/2 of one day's problems and 1/2 of the next. You have 10 - 12 days, so you could easily double up and finish.

Do your dc do any school during the summer? It's also not that hard to do a math lesson in the morning.

And if you just want to call it summer in two weeks, you *will* see that material again next fall.

HTH!

Lisa

I vote for finishing the lessons. As Lisa wrote, there is a lot of "meat" in the last lessons.

IMO, it is the first lessons of a Saxon book that are review. You could save the 20 lessons 'til the fall (or whenever you plan to restart) and then have the kids test out of the beginning of the next Saxon book.

I do think those last chapters have a lot of meat in them. Will it ruin your dc not to get them? No. They will see it again in 6/5. But, the concepts will be introduced so much more thoroughly in Saxon 5/4.

Here's what I would do. I would skip any lessons that your dc knows hands-down. That might be few and far between at this point in the book. Otherwise, I would double-up on some lessons. Teach two lessons, but assign one day's worth of problems. Or assign 1/2 of one day's problems and 1/2 of the next. You have 10 - 12 days, so you could easily double up and finish.

Do your dc do any school during the summer? It's also not that hard to do a math lesson in the morning.

And if you just want to call it summer in two weeks, you *will* see that material again next fall.

HTH!

Lisa

:iagree: Just wondering if you skipped the first 30 lessons in the current book? If you did then I would not skip the last 20 lessons. My ds did his last 20 lessons in one week before Memorial Day weekend. He was motivated to finish before we left for a trip. It did take him 3-4 hours a day, but he was really happy when he was done. Also, some of the most interesting things were in the last 20 lessons of his book.

HTH,

Dorothy