Menu

please help me find a thread-american history books

mytwomonkeys

a while ago, someone posted a thread of american history books they wanted to read aloud to their child. there were so many great suggestions from everyone & now i just cannot find it. does anyone remember this thread? it was just within the past couple of months. it was simple suggestions for read-alouds to go along with certain time periods. TIA.

I've been using all these resources to try and organize our materials in some kind of decent order. On top of the links above, I also have (and suggest) the Betsy Maestro series (7 books I believe) and the books shown in this link from BF Books:

http://www.bfbooks.com/Early-American-History-Primary-Jumbo-Pack?sc=18&category=854

thank you! those are great suggestions. i just need to put all of these suggestions in chronological order now.

or has someone possibly done that???:o

thank you! those are great suggestions. i just need to put all of these suggestions in chronological order now.

or has someone possibly done that???:o

I'm trying to work on it. I can share my list once I've done it. I would expect to be done within a week or so. You'll see that Angela's list is in chronological, so for me, it's just about tweaking that list, adding in the books I mentioned above, and pulling out the ones we're less interested in reading. I will try to finish this and share here if you'd like.

I'm trying to work on it. I can share my list once I've done it. I would expect to be done within a week or so. You'll see that Angela's list is in chronological, so for me, it's just about tweaking that list, adding in the books I mentioned above, and pulling out the ones we're less interested in reading. I will try to finish this and share here if you'd like.

thank you! i would LOVE a copy! i've got angela's list saved too:)

Tammy,

I just checked Angela's list. Since my boys are 9 an 7, I would like to see your list because your kids are closer in age to mine. Would you please share your list?

Thank you very much! We are doing SOTW 3 now.

Tammy,

I just checked Angela's list. Since my boys are 9 an 7, I would like to see your list because your kids are closer in age to mine. Would you please share your list?

Thank you very much! We are doing SOTW 3 now.

Absolutely! I am actually consulting Angela on this because many of the things on her list are on mine. Once I've made the adjustments, I'll come back and post.

• 1 month later...