Menu

I would love your suggestions for a centerpiece that I have volunteered..............

to provide for the Church reception following the Funeral Service for dd12's cc tutor (I wrote last week that their precious baby boy was born still on Saturday, 10/8).

I signed up on the volunteer sheet for the 'centerpiece' which I will bring to Church and the Deaconesses will place on the reception table where they see fit. Something simple is fine -- no clue as to color, etc.

Any ideas? I don't have any flowering anything in our yard that I can use to make up an arrangement - I will go to wegman's and select something. They have an amazing assortment from which to select.

So, your ideas, please -- TIA:grouphug:

This may sound "wrong", but the first thing that comes to mind is a collage of the things this child will miss, perhaps a "tour of the world".

Like pictures of his siblings and what they are like.

Pictures of his Grandparents and what they do best (like how good GM's choc.cake is)

The best way to get on mom's good side.

The way snow feels on your lips (and a brain freeze too)

What rain smells like.

Sort of a "letter to baby", kind of a "wish you were here" and a "see you someday"--but when we meet, you will know us by this letter.

I don't know, perhaps this is a dumb idea, perhaps someone can give you a better idea.

Lara

For some reason, I recall white flowers are appropriate for a baby funeral. Not sure if that is so, but perhaps some lovely white roses, baby's breath, and carnations in a nice vase would look good.

I'm sure you'll hear from folks who know more than I do.

Actually, I was thrilled to see that you responded. :grouphug: I was at a loss as to the direction to take and I don't want anything that vaguely resembles an arrangement that might be used for a baby shower.

White sounds like an excellent idea. Thank you!

This may sound "wrong", but the first thing that comes to mind is a collage of the things this child will miss, perhaps a "tour of the world".

Like pictures of his siblings and what they are like.

Pictures of his Grandparents and what they do best (like how good GM's choc.cake is)

The best way to get on mom's good side.

The way snow feels on your lips (and a brain freeze too)

What rain smells like.

Sort of a "letter to baby", kind of a "wish you were here" and a "see you someday"--but when we meet, you will know us by this letter.

I don't know, perhaps this is a dumb idea, perhaps someone can give you a better idea.

Lara

Lara -- I think your idea is perfectly lovely, however, I know that they are doing very similar to what you suggested outside the reception hall at the church including a slide show of everyone in the family. thankfully for me, i only have to bring an arrangement of flowers. Your idea, though, is beautifully touching.

We did something similar when my dad passed away many years ago -- with beautifully framed family photos everywhere.

:grouphug:

Oh, maybe it DOES sound a little baby-shower-ish. I don't know. I'd use your judgement--you are a wise woman.

I think the white you suggested is perfect. :grouphug: I think that baby's breath is also a wonderful idea -- I may bring single pieces of it in case they want to put sprigs of it on the tablecloth -- the prettier a table looks, the more I like it.

I found this site that has some meanings of flowers - especially for funerals.

http://www.us-funerals.com/funeral-articles/sending-sympathy-flowers.html

Also I like the look of this white and green arrangement. If you want some color to breakup the white, the green seems to be a nice neutral.

http://www.gracisflowers.com/garden%20wreath%20lg.jpg

Edited by OrganicAnn

I found this site that has some meanings of flowers - especially for funerals.

http://www.us-funerals.com/funeral-articles/sending-sympathy-flowers.html

Also I like the look of this white and green arrangement. If you want some color to breakup the white, the green seems to be a nice neutral.

http://www.gracisflowers.com/garden%20wreath%20lg.jpg

Thank you:grouphug: -- both links are helpful. I do like the white and green arrangement. I did not know that about flowers and their meanings -- THAt is interesting and helpful.

Thanks again -- I will probably go over to Wegman's tomorrow and select something that can be ready for me to pick up on Thursday.