Menu

WWE and A Reason for Handwriting... is it too much??

missesd

What grade? In first grade, we did WWE writing 3 days a week (one day was just an oral narration, so we did WWE 4 days a week, but only wrote something 3 days), and we used our handwriting program or copywork the other 2 days.

This year in 2nd grade, writing stamina is better, so I do handwriting practice everyday, but I keep it short on days where he is writing in WWE (again, 3 days a week).

I don't know how much writing is involved in ARFH, as I've used HWT and GDI so far. In those programs, I was able to control how much we did each day to adjust for my son's writing ability (and gradually increase it).

This is for my 3rd grader and 2nd grader :) I have been doing ARfH, but I'll be adding in WWE. I guess I put it off because we already do FLL, and I get moans and groans because it seems like they are always copying or doing narrative pages for something... SOTW, Science, FLL, etc... *sigh* I guess we will all just have to suck it up though... wish me luck.

I don't use a writing program. I used A Reason For Writing awhile back but the repeated verses over and over was quickly boring as they got older. With them writing in other areas throughout the day, I dropped it. I expect them to write their work neatly. My DD11 has had her papers thrown out by me or havea big fat X on the papers returned to her. I won't except poorly written work. My younger two 6 n 7 have to write neatly or I will erase their work have them rewrite it.

I found a free handwriting site by just googling and I will use that for extra practice. I also kept the back pages from ARFH so they can write their verses neatly and color the pictures.

I am using FLL everyday and WWE twice a week plus their daily copying of their verses.