Menu

National Merit Scholarship question - what do they mean by "terms?"

I am almost done completing the academic profile for my son's National Merit Scholarship Application. I am confused about something and, obviously, can't call them up until tomorrow.

On the Academic profile section, it ask for the number of terms included in the GPA. I only assigned final grades for each course, so I had planned to put 3 (for 3 years.)

Later, on the Academic Record for Grade 12, it asks for the number of terms for each course listed. I have some courses (college courses in particular) that are only part of the year. I have some fractional credit courses (music, PE, Personal finance.) Then I have some AP courses that are for the full year. Do I put 1 for some and 2 for others? Or do I just put one?

I found out on another message board that the terms included in the grade point average would be 6 terms if there are 3 years. The terms for the 12 grade academic record would be one for a semester course and two for a year long course.

Just need to make sure I put everything in correctly and then submit it (at least my portion.) Ds needs to edit his essay (crappy opening and closing, but he is over the limit on words.) He is putting his head in the sand and doing his calculus homework instead.

Can I just give out a giant AAARRRGGGGG???!!! There! I feel better.