Menu

I'm 'due' today...40 week appt less than encouraging...think through this with me.

Just don't show up at the hospital until you labor is well under way. I would even consider waiting until transition if you are close enough. With baby #5, I transfered to the hospital fully dialated. The dr. was just getting his gloves on as the baby was crowning and barely made it to the table to catch the baby. He wasn't happy but I didn't care. He wanted to know why I hadn't showed up sooner and I gave him an ear full regarding just exactly who was in charge of my body, my pregnancy, my healthycare, my birth & my baby. I would like to hope that just maybe he learned something.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm another petite mom, and my pitocin-induced labor/birth with a 5 1/2 pound (full term) baby was MUCH more difficult than my drug-free labor/birth with a 9 lb baby that was a week late. I didn't need stiches with either child. I would never again attempt pitocin without an epidural. The contractions were completely different.

ETA: Monday morning @ 845: Baby is coming today ladies. Strong contractions 10-15 minutes apart for nearly 8 hours now, spotting, loss of MP (sorry if TMI). I'll go in when contractions are under 10 minutes apart since that's as close as they ever got with my last delivery. We're all so excited!!!

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316308