Menu

Black Chalkboards, where did you get yours?

If I could get a used green one, I'd take it.

I couldn't find an affordable black chalkboard so DH made one for me. It is well-sanded plywood, painted with chalkboard paint, with wooden trim.

I tried the make-your-own and I guess I'm not a good sander because it's so bumpy. I tried a small one first.

Is there a university near you that has an outlet to sell the old furniture and such? Those types of places often have chalkboards, but they may be green.

We do have a university, and I'll ask there. Thanks.

I completely scored on mine! I found it at a large, outdoor flea market. It was in mint condition. It is a large 8ft.x5ft. black board. It even had the chalk/eraser tray built on it.

I paid $20 for it! Sweet!!! :lol:

Wow, nice find!!

Get the green one, paint it black with chalkboard paint. Or you could make your own. I would paint a piece of masonite rather than plywood. It is already smooth. Lowe's and Home Depot will cut it to size. You still have to purchase the full piece, but they do the hard part. Then paint and frame if you wish, or just hang it up.

Get the green one, paint it black with chalkboard paint. Or you could make your own. I would paint a piece of masonite rather than plywood. It is already smooth. Lowe's and Home Depot will cut it to size. You still have to purchase the full piece, but they do the hard part. Then paint and frame if you wish, or just hang it up.

I never thought about masonite. I used plywood and it turned out, well, pretty bad... :lol:

I bought mine from US Markerboard a couple of months ago. Mine is quite large 7 ft. x 4 ft., I think. It is magnetic, wood trimmed and has a chalk railing. It was not cheap, kudos on the the $20 score posted earlier...I wish! Anyway, not cheap, but we really love our chalkboard. It is used everyday and makes me very happy! :)

HTH

I bought mine from US Markerboard a couple of months ago. Mine is quite large 7 ft. x 4 ft., I think. It is magnetic, wood trimmed and has a chalk railing. It was not cheap, kudos on the the $20 score posted earlier...I wish! Anyway, not cheap, but we really love our chalkboard. It is used everyday and makes me very happy! :)

HTH

They are cheaper than a lot I have seen on the Internet. Thank you. :)

Guest vegcedes

My Husband painted Exterior Chalkboard Paint on the side of our garage. I love it because there isn't messy chalk dust to clean up (it's outdoors... we just spray the wall with the garden hose when we want a "fresh slate")

The wall was originally designed for our little ones (5 & 8) and they love it! The neat thing we discovered was our teenage son and friends will use it for pictionary and whenever we have a BBQ the chalkboard is the most popular spot for adults to hang out and doodle.

I'll try to post photos. We purchased it online from an Australian company who sell out of Los Angeles.

Vicky