Menu

Ducks in my pool...

At first I thought isn't that something, but now I am ready for them to STOP. This was the third day that I noticed a pair of ducks, male and female, waddling around my pool. So far they were only on the pool deck. Then my ds(11) said "Mom, you aren't going to believe this." Yes, the female duck was not just in the pool but on the float that had been left in from the day before floating on the float around the pool!!! It was pretty funny for a moment:lol:, but how do I get rid of them. We live on several acres and do not have a fence around our pool.

Sorry, I can only say -- keep a pool cover on the pool when you aren't using it.

When we lived in Ft. Lauderdale, our screened porch was torn. We had a family of ducks using our pool as their private "pond." :tongue_smilie: The only way to get them "gone" was fixing the screened porch.

Since ducks fly -- a fence may not hinder them either.

I have to admit as I read your post I had such a laugh...I just kept imagining this beautiful blue water and beach balls....then QUACK! Oh, I have no idea how to rid your backyard of them...scare them...maybe eventually they won't feel safe there...no matter what happens, thanks for the visual...:)

Uhhh, get a dog, or have your son do the dog's job and keep running them off. An air horn might work.

It must be unpleasant for the duck or they won't be motivated to leave.:eek: Duck poopie in and around the pool should be motivation enough...for you.

best intentions,

Geo

I have to tell you this story about my ob from a few years ago. He had ducks in his pool over in Arkansas and since he has a pond near his OB practice they decided to set traps for them and "relocate" them to his pond over in Memphis (a good 40 minutes away). So they finally get the ducks trapped and he heads off to work with them one morning across the river and lets them loose. He goes on in to the office and in a little while he gets a call from his wife. Yep, the ducks were already back at the pool! Can you believe it? :lol:

So, I have no clue how you get rid of them!

Penny

Well, we had the same thing happen here about a month ago. It had appeared that Mr. and Mrs. Mallard had decided to set up camp in our pool....and we still had the cover ON. With a lot of rain we had quite a nice puddle on the cover. I began researching how to get them to leave.....and came across the idea to put an inflatable alligator (not kidding) or other large animal/bird-like flotation in the pool. I was about to try and find one, when I noticed that only Mr. Mallard was coming around for a few days. He kinda seemed in distress (honking a lot), flying back and forth, etc. (perhaps she left him?) Anyway in about a weeks time they were both gone and I haven't seem them since. Yours might leave - or you might want to try a floaty thing. Good Luck!