Menu

Today I'm dreaming about putting one of my kids on the yellow bus.

:grouphug:

A Month ago I was having the same dreams. I came and got awesome suggestions.

We do one gold fish per math problem now. It went from 2 hours a page to 15 minutes...:lol:

We are also doing workboxes and I am timing each box so they have to move on and come back if needed to finish what they didn't do. It seems to help, if he know he has 20 minutes to do X.

A Month ago I was having the same dreams. I came and got awesome suggestions.

We do one gold fish per math problem now. It went from 2 hours a page to 15 minutes...:lol:

We are also doing workboxes and I am timing each box so they have to move on and come back if needed to finish what they didn't do. It seems to help, if he know he has 20 minutes to do X.

Yes, when mine were that age I used M&Ms! I really loved the workbox system when mine were younger. It made all the difference for us!! I would suggest starting there and reading Parenting with Love and Logic. Letting my kids have natural consequences for dawdling worked like a charm. They hated sitting at the table while everyone else was outside.

Now that mine are older, we just implemented Daily Time Management Sheets. I make them plan their day for every half hour in order to complete all assignments. This works great for us as we have co-op classes, home classes, online classes, etc. It is really just a sophisticated workbox system though.

Remember that when your kids go to school, they come home with homework everyday. Sometimes the homework takes longer than homeschooling. Plus, when they are in school, you have deadlines, obligations, and schedules related to the school which you don't have anything to say about.