Menu

New book by Stephen & Lucy Hawking - George and the Big Bang!

tammyw

Thank you so much for this. I didn't even know about this series! :)

In case, you haven't heard about it, here's another series my dd8 really likes (there are three):

http://www.amazon.com/Space-Uncle-Albert-Russell-Stannard/dp/0571226159/ref=pd_ys_qtk_general_recs_1?pf_rd_p=1286318242&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DS7AQBA5XCKKR6ATVAS

I was looking at these the other day - ds turned 6 in may - he keeps asking how the world was made and is interested in stuff like that but i was thinking these books might be a little bit old for him yet - i would do them as a read a loud obviously (wouldnt want to miss out myself!) :0) What do you think?

I was looking at these the other day - ds turned 6 in may - he keeps asking how the world was made and is interested in stuff like that but i was thinking these books might be a little bit old for him yet - i would do them as a read a loud obviously (wouldnt want to miss out myself!) :0) What do you think?

Give them a try. I haven't read them myself yet, but plan to soon. This is the year I've started reading a lot of dd's books, rather than reading my own. In any case, she started reading them when she was newly 7. I bet they'd be great as a read aloud!

It's not available for Prime with Amazon yet, so I'll hold out ordering it until I can get free shipping
You might want to go ahead and order it anyway. It was released in the UK at the beginning of August and still doesn't have a projected US release date. Odd, as the two previous volumes had UK and US release dates fewer than 8 weeks apart.

You might want to go ahead and order it anyway. It was released in the UK at the beginning of August and still doesn't have a projected US release date. Odd, as the two previous volumes had UK and US release dates fewer than 8 weeks apart.

That is weird. Do you think it might not have a US release at all? We're not in a hurry, but I'd hate to miss out on it.