Menu

Quick, easy, possibly freezer meals?

I have an insanely busy week ahead of me. I'm trying to plan our menu. Any ideas? I have a crockpot that I'm willing to use. I'm also willing to freeze meals this weekend. I'll only have a few home in the middle of the day and then gone again until late. So all prep, pre-cooking, freezing will need to be done Sunday and I need to do the shopping today in a few hours. We have no allergies, but we are serious carnivores and picky (no onions, mushrooms or squash type vegetables or greens).

Any help is appreciated.

Lasagna? Easy to make ahead, you can warm it up in individual portions when ready to eat.

Tacos~ Again you can prep/cook everything ahead of time and then reheat for dinner

Spagetti and meatballs

Italian Chicken~ take boneless/skinless chicken breast and dump italian dressing over it. Bake in the oven at 350 and serve with rice.

I'll try to think of some more.

Lasagna? Easy to make ahead, you can warm it up in individual portions when ready to eat.

Tacos~ Again you can prep/cook everything ahead of time and then reheat for dinner

Spagetti and meatballs

Italian Chicken~ take boneless/skinless chicken breast and dump italian dressing over it. Bake in the oven at 350 and serve with rice.

I'll try to think of some more.

Thanks! Great ideas!

When I'm bulk cooking my default items tend to be:

-Meatloaf

-cooking chicken in the oven or on the grill and then slicing/cubing and bagging. That can be made into quesadillas, chicken salad, served over salad greens, turned into casseroles, burritos, whatever your family likes.

-chili

-soup

-meatballs (too much work? I don't know how much work you want to put into this but I just mix meatballs in the same bowl I used to do a meatloaf or two. Overlapping ingredients, less cleanup.

eta pork or chicken in crockpot w/ bbq sauce? Chicken breasts and salsa in the crockpot and then shred with a fork and serve as burritos (make a big pot of rice in advance?).

black bean tacos

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 can diced tomatoes (petite diced if you have them) partially drained

1 can corn, drained

1 packet taco seasoning mix

Mix together and heat through. Serve on flour torillas with cheese, lettuce, and sour cream if you want.

It is easy to add in 1 cup cooked rice, some cooked ground beef or shredded chicken as well. Takes about 5 minutes to throw together.