Menu

S/O of Colonial House thread

woolybear

I love the sound of watching this with my kids. I remember there were other similar series. There is a nearby library which has Colonial House and I want to see if they have any others.

Can anyone tell me the names of any other similar living history series and mention whether they might be appropriate for kids.;)

1900 House was the first one we watched, and it is still my favorite.

And I think there was a 1940s House, which might have been only a single episode. I've never been able to find that one to watch.

There was also one called Manor House, or something like that, which I couldn't watch because I found it annoying. That one is also probably not appropriate for young kids, as I recall.

i loved all of them! i watched:

frontier house

colonial house

1940's house

manor house

1900 house

there may be more?..i'm just going from memory here. i loved them all though! unfortunately, i didn't get to watch them with my daughter. she was only 8 at the time and the language was inappropriate for her.

they are great though! i absolutely enjoyed them all.

My 9 yr old daughter and I *love* the "Supersizers ..." series. Alhough it's wildly and hilariously inappropriate for kids at times, they do a good job of talking about the historical context. It's two comedians who spend a week dressed in historical clothing and eating foods from different historical periods (mostly British). They're all on youtube -- Roman to the 1980's.