Menu

Update on my Colonoscopy

I am very delighted to share that we are finally getting to the bottom of this! (Uh, not pun intended!!)

I had an Endoscopy/Colonoscopy and after the procedure, the doctor told us what he found so far. I have a small hiatal hernia, as well as a a bit of GERD. Also, he says I have colitis. My whole large intestine was inflamed/red and there were a few "raw" patches where some biopsies were taken. He says there is nothing dangerous: no cancer, nothing that will shorten my life span.

I am unsure if we will get the lab results in a week, or if we'll have to wait until my appt. with him on October 13th. I think we'll get the lab results as they become available.

I am beyond happy. I cried when they told me because I was even beginning to believe it was all in my head. I was beyond relieved. There is physical evidence now. This is something manageable and controllable.

My grandmother had colitis, and I believe it runs on her side of the family, so I guess I am the unlucky one who inherited it, but I don't care. IT IS MANAGEABLE!!!!

:party::party::party:

ETA: We do now that there is a possibility it is Chron's but colon inflammation runs in the family, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that that is all it is.

Edited by BeatleMania