Menu

If you use more than one math curriculum...

4maybabies

Currently we are using Math Mammoth as a spine with Two Plus Two is Not Five for math fact practice. I've been reading LOF Apples, but it's not really a math supplement as it's well below Ariel's level. I'm seriously considering moving back to MEP because I like the mathematical thinking it encourages and it seems that Ariel can answer the questions in MM but can't or doesn't apply them in any other context. She says she prefers MM, but I think that's because she finds it easier.

We use Horizons as our main program, including the activities in the TM. I am very happy with it.

I supplement with Singapore's Challenging Word Problems, Mental Math, and Extra Practice workbooks. We use these a little as we go along during the year, and as our main math practice over the summer.

We are using Horizons Math K, this was the program I intended to use as a stand alone this year. But, DD was moving so fast because she enjoyed it that we had to slow her down! She would have been done in 6-8 months, and I needed the program to last a year. So, we supplemented with Saxon Math 1 (which I intended for next year). It seems to be at a very similar level to the Horizons K. There are some things she's doing on lesson 55 in Horizons that she hasn't done in Saxon yet, and the reverse is also true!

So, she gets the colorful, fun pages of Horizons, combined with the Saxon which requires more diligence from her. A great blend for us.

ahem...don't tell anyone we do all this...:001_unsure: 'tis embarrassing...

:iagree:

I usually just say that we use Singapore and avoid mentiong everything else, but since you asked...

DS 10:

Singapore 5B

Life of Fred Pre-Algebra with Biology

Défi Math 3 and 4

Ed Zaccaro Challenge Math

Creative Problem Solving in School Mathematics

Art of Problem Solving Pre-Algebra (when it arrives)

DD 8:

Singapore 3A

Life of Fred Apples

Défi Math 2

Ed Zaccaro Primary Grade Challenge Math

DS 6:

Singapore 1A

Miquon Red and Blue

Life of Fred Apples

Défi Math 1

Ed Zaccaro Primary Grade Challenge Math

Plus a whole bunch of living books.

DDs 13 and 15 both only use one math curriculum. See, I'm not completely crazy.

We use Math Toolkit A, Miquon, MM, Systematic Mathematics, Lial's BCM, Singapore's CWP, LOF Apples/Butterflies/Cats/Dogs/Fractions/Decimals and Percents/Pre-Algebra 1 with Biology/Pre-Algebra 2 with Economics, Hands on Equations, Patty Paper Geometry, 9s Down Math Drills, Flashcards, Rainbow Rock, Vroot Vroom, Wiggle Woods, Primary Grade Challenge Math, Challenge Math, Real World Algebra, Make it Real Learning.

Currently, Math Toolkit A, Miquon, MM, and Systematic Mathematics are our spines. The ones that need the drill do flashcards and 9s Down everyday. The rest are used to supplement.

Blessings,

Melinda

We use Math Toolkit A, Miquon, MM, Systematic Mathematics, Lial's BCM, Singapore's CWP, LOF Apples/Butterflies/Cats/Dogs/Fractions/Decimals and Percents/Pre-Algebra 1 with Biology/Pre-Algebra 2 with Economics, Hands on Equations, Patty Paper Geometry, 9s Down Math Drills, Flashcards, Rainbow Rock, Vroot Vroom, Wiggle Woods, Primary Grade Challenge Math, Challenge Math, Real World Algebra, Make it Real Learning.

Currently, Math Toolkit A, Miquon, MM, and Systematic Mathematics are our spines. The ones that need the drill do flashcards and 9s Down everyday. The rest are used to supplement.

Blessings,

Melinda

OK. You win. :lol: