Menu

Clothing store suggestions for 9 yo DD

I would love some suggestions for clothing stores to check out for my 9yo DD. I'd like some things for church (do not need to be super dressy) and also things for everyday. She is at an in-between age where she does not want to look too babyish (Gymboree is out, for example). I don't mind trendy clothes and shorter skirts are ok b/c she likes to wear leggings underneath.

I just don't know where to start! She loves Mini Boden and drools over the catalog, but I'd like to not spend a fortune IYKWIM!

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have! :)

I would love some suggestions for clothing stores to check out for my 9yo DD. I'd like some things for church (do not need to be super dressy) and also things for everyday. She is at an in-between age where she does not want to look too babyish (Gymboree is out, for example). I don't mind trendy clothes and shorter skirts are ok b/c she likes to wear leggings underneath.

I just don't know where to start! She loves Mini Boden and drools over the catalog, but I'd like to not spend a fortune IYKWIM!

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have! :)

Height and weight? At that age, girls come in all shapes and sizes.

She sounds similarly sized to my DD. Her current favorite is Aeropostale's XS and S. They run VERY small. She can even wear some of their 00 short length jeans.

My girls love Aero too. I have also ordered from PS Aeropostale. They have a 30% off sale several times a year. It is called the freinds and family sale. You prob have to sign up for it online.

Do you have a Francesca's Collection near you? There are not many, but their "adult" clothes (they are all for adults) are getting to be too small for my muscular 5'3" daughter, who wears a size 2 or 3 everywhere else. When my youngest was 8 or 9, she easily fit into their smalls.

This is a hard age and size to shop for. We had our best luck in junior sections and S and XS sizes for junior'ish places like Gap, American Eagle, etc. It's a hard couple of years when it comes to clothes-shopping.

Terri