Menu

AGT winner!

christusg- normally I would agree with you. But I really did think he deserved it this year. I used to say the same thing "might as well call it American Idol" but someone pointed out that the singing acts you get on here couldn't possibly be on American Idol...for one there is an age restriction on American Idol...so Landau wouldn't have qualified anyway. Two, you have to be willing to sing whatever American Idol style they want you to sing, even if it isn't your style. AGT lets people showcase their own talents.

So I am still hoping for someone to win who isn't a singing act, but I am glad for Landau. I really am.

Edited by the4Rs

I loved two things--

One, how they are going to have Landau headline, but the other acts get to be in the show, too!

And secondly, I loved how Silhouettes looked genuinely happy for their "Uncle Landau" and mobbed him at the finale! lol Class acts, both of them.

Wasn't the LeeAnn Rhimes song neat-o?:D

I like the guy, and he's an excellent singer, but this show might as well be called American Idol since this is the third singer in a row to win. I'd rather someone with other talents win too.

True, but AI has an age cut off, so all of the singers who won couldn't have been on AI. Last year I was sorry that Prince Poppycock didn't win because I ♥ him. This year though, Landau was our choice from the beginning. He totally belongs in Vegas. I adore crooners, and he won me over completely.

BTW, if you didn't read the fine print at the end of the show, it states that the $1M prize is payable in equal installments over 20 years. Granted, that's $50K/year (before taxes), but they make it out to seem like the winner gets a big lump sum prize.

I loved two things--

One, how they are going to have Landau headline, but the other acts get to be in the show, too!

And secondly, I loved how Silhouettes looked genuinely happy for their "Uncle Landau" and mobbed him at the finale! lol Class acts, both of them.

Wasn't the LeeAnn Rhimes song neat-o?:D

I agree with your second point. It was so cute how they all hugged him and if they didn't get off of him soon he could have suffocated. :lol: Not really.

I don't know what you mean about your first point. I missed the first half of AGT because of my Zumba class. We got home just in time to hear Poplyfe sing. So, whatever happened before that we missed. I'm hoping I can see some of it on youtube.

Ugh, Poplyfe. I dislike them with the heat of a thousand suns. The girl annoys me and they were just flat out awful on the finale. Plus, I hate that they use a 'y' in life. Ack.

I don't care for them very much either. I knew they'd be 4th (but I wondered why they were even in the top 4). I think this week and last week their medley (if that's what you call it) was way too fast/rushed, and I didn't like it (I know they were trying to fit in a buch of songs in a short amount of time....but it just didn't appeal to me). Some of their earlier ones were ok....when they did the songs at normal tempo. I liked their very first performance when they each had on a different pair of colored glasses. Even their performance with Stevie I didn't care for.

The host said (or maybe it was Jerry Springer on his guest appearance at the finale) that the winner would headline the show, but that the rest of the top 4, and even some (or all, not sure) of the top 10 would be in the show, too. I would think that makes a stronger show.

Cool. Thanks for explaining.

Also - just like on American Idol, the winner of the grand prize isn't always the one who achieves the most success. Michael Grimm won last year (we love to listen to his CDs) but Jackie Evancho has been a best selling artist with more record sales. I really think that all of the top 4 (even Poplyfe, who I don't really like) have gained fans and will soon have backers to help them in show business.

Also - just like on American Idol, the winner of the grand prize isn't always the one who achieves the most success. Michael Grimm won last year (we love to listen to his CDs) but Jackie Evancho has been a best selling artist with more record sales. I really think that all of the top 4 (even Poplyfe, who I don't really like) have gained fans and will soon have backers to help them in show business.

Definitely. :iagree: Adam Lambert didn't win either. He's more popular than Chris. I think. There's a lot of them that didn't take home the number one spot but are really popular. Chris Daughtry.....(not sure if I spelled it right). And some who won you don't hear of much....like Taylor Hicks. All of them (the AGT finalists) will have plenty of work and plenty of money.