Menu

Ugh. I think I have pink eye!!!

Ugh! I have experience since it went through my family last winter...

We were able to call the pediatrician and get a prescription without being seen. They really don't want that virus in their office! Some forms of pinkeye are viral and can clear up on their own BUT it is highly contagious and usually turns bacterial. So, we purchased the prescription and then my baby caught it! She would not allow the drops no matter what I did to try to open her eyes, so then I learned that breastmilk is a natural antibiotic and works on pinkeye!!! Within a few days my dh had also caught pinkeye and he actually requested this "natural" remedy b/c we didn't have a family doctor to call. It worked, so if it is available and money is an issue, maybe give it a try. Whatever you do please treat it quickly or your whole family will catch it! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Several months ago....earlier in the year I too had pink eye. I wanted to do something natural and found out honey and pomegranate tea bags help. There was something else and I can't remember. Do a search and you may come across these. The honey would be diluted with water and somehow, if my memory is correct, run a drop or two into the eye.

The tea bag "I think" is squeezed out and left as an eye patch for maybe 20 min.

I really don't remember how accurate the info is above, so search it.

Even though I wanted to try these, I had to act more quickly so I did try the above and not giving it enough time....I went in to the dr.

HTH!

I have found that using contact lens solution really helps with pink-eye. I had a reoccuring infection and tried all of the natural remedies (honey, tea, tea bags ). The only thing that got rid of my pink-eye and kept it away was using contact lens solution in the morning and evening.

Hope that helps! Having Pink eye is miserable!

Diane

Is there anything I can do to stem the progression of pink eye in myself? Do I have to go to the doctor?

I actually got it about a week and 1/2 ago for the first time ever!

Mine was caused by allergies and no one else got it. It wasn't bad, so I waited it out a day. It was better the 2nd day and undetectable by sight the 3rd (even though it still fell a little "itchy"). You might want to see how it looks in the morning. We did do extra hand washing for a couple days.