Menu

Why do you put what you do in your signature line?

Name - because it's my name.

Little joke - because I think it's funny.

Pretty picture - because I think it's pretty.

Little description of me - because then I don't have to keep saying it over and over when I post.

Curricula - because it's a homeschooling forum and most people use curricula.

Quote from a late, great Canadian - because I thought he was an awesome dude and left an awesome statement worthy of repeating.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: It's too common to be my username, but I think people like seeing that posters are real people with actual names.

Blog link: I hope that knowing I have links in forums will help me keep my blog current.

Religious (lack of) belief and quote: It helps people know where I'm coming from when I participate in certain types of threads.

Curriculum: I don't list this because we're too eclectic but this thread convinced me to add eclectic to my sig.

Children and ages: It helps people understand where I am in this wonderful journey known as being a parent.

My signature includes my children and their ages because that way folks can know where I am in life - older, with grown children, but still homeschooling.

I put the year I started homeschooling so folks can know that I've been doing it a long time and am therefore very, very wise. OK, so that's not really true. It's more like, I've been doing it a long time so I have bought and sold more curricula than most other folks and can probably tell you a little about one if you had a question (particularly, why it didn't work for me.:D)

The quote from Samuel Rutherford is meant to encourage others who are struggling with a low income, but mostly serves to encourage me.

The link to the London Baptist Confession of Faith is there so I don't keep having to explain what I believe and, besides, it is so much more comprehensive and systematic than anything I could possibly come up with. Why reinvent the wheel, kwim?

The link to my blog is there in case anyone wants to know more about me, but I should probably take it off since I haven't updated my blog in months.:tongue_smilie: