Menu

Doing WWE with multiple children?

matrips

Would you do WWE with multiple children, at the same time? We just started WWE1 this past week. I have 3 first-graders, so for the narration questions, they are just taking turns answering. Is this sufficient? Or should I be doing narration individually? It is going well; that's not my concern. My concern is whether one child should be answering all the questions instead of just some of them.

I did add summarization on today- I told them- I just asked you the important questions and you gave me the answers. Use them to now summarize the story for me. Two did great, one was hesitant, but could do the summary if prompted with 'and what happened next?'. I had been torn this year with whether to start them with WWE1 or WWE2. We were mostly doing dictation last year with Sonlight LA. I'm still getting in some dictation with AAS though and I love (and so do they), the very gentle, simple approach of WWE. Together is quicker, but just want to make sure it would not hurt their learning.

Because we just started WWE this year, I am doing the first year together with ds who is in second grade and dd who is in first grade. They are flying through it, but I think it is important to get the basics. Anyway, they are enjoying doing it together and I appreciate the time it saves. I don't think it is hurting either one of them at all. They both love it.

In fact, my only concern is that we will be done very quickly and move on to WWE 2 and 3. Will they continue together? I'll just let time tell. My goal is to do it well, not fast!

Good luck with yours!

I have twins and we just started WWE 1 on Tuesday. I have decided to do all LA, handwriting, and Math separate this year and it's working great so far. More time for me, but they love the one on one. Also, I have one that likes to shout out all the answers before brother gets a chance -- we are working on taking turns answering in science and history. Brother is a little less stressed doing the work without his twin trying to compete all the time.

I'm doing it with twins also :001_smile:. For WWE (and SOTW and FLL and...) I generally alternate who answers the questions. For narration I either alternate who does the narration or I have them think through the narration in their head and hold it, then one goes and the other. So far, so good.

I don't think doing it together will hurt. You, of course, are the best judge. If I think someone is having difficulty, I will spend some time working with them on that topic. It depends a bit on what curriculum you have chosen, but for us there are a lot of opportunities to practice these skills.