Menu

What Disney restaurants are MUSTS?

Lots of good dining recommendations so far!

One thing I would add: Don't hesitate to try some of the resort restaurants just because you're not staying onsite. It's very easy to take the monorail to The Contemporary, The Polynesian, or The Grand Floridian from the Magic Kingdom.

And, if you're in Epcot, you can walk to the Epcot resorts---The Yacht and Beach Club and The Boardwalk to dine at their restaurants using the back entry/exit of Epcot located just past the United Kingdom pavilion in The World Showcase.

One of our favorite new restaurants is The Wave in Disney's Contemporary resort. The focus is on seasonal, fresh, local (when available), healthy (but delicious!) ingredients. The vegetarians as well as the meat-eaters in my family love The Wave. I love the Grilled Tenderloin and the Avocado and Citrus salad there. My vegetarian daughter always orders the Seasonal Vegetable Stew.

Another favorite is The Flying Fish at The Boardwalk. My not to be missed dish there is the Potato wrapped snapper.

The best burgers and milk shakes, imo, are at Beaches and Cream, located near the pool at Disney's Beach Club Resort.

If you enjoy planning ahead, here's a link to menus from all (or at least most :)) WDW restaurants.

We love the picnic in the park at Animal Kingdom if they are still doing it, it was a great deal and more then enough food.

They are no longer doing the picnic in the park. I don't know why, the food was delicious, the price was good, and the portions were good too. Maybe they didn't advertise it well enough?

What a great thread!

We're saving now and this is something that must be planned. The cost of eating out for a family of 5 just ONE meal each night we stay is going to cost us $400 and that's eating at T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe. I'd love to try some other places but it all depends on how much savings we can gather before we start the booking and such. I think eating lunch would be cheaper, however we're planning on eating at the Condo for breakfast & lunch to cut down on the cost. Dinner is the most expensive meal of the day eating out. Thank goodness we have awhile of planning before we are certain.

Do you know there are ways to save at those locations?

If you buy the "safari club" it is $15 and good for life. You get 10% off your entire table's bill OR a free appetizer (you can choose from two.)

And, both of those offer .99 kids' meals with the purchase of an adult meal.

We get an appetizer, two adult meals, and 2 kids' meals and can manage to get out for about $50 if we don't get adult drinks or desserts.

Here are the coupons:

http://www.rainforestcafe.com/rewardsCalendars.asp

Click on the reward calendars to the right.

Dawn

What a great thread!

We're saving now and this is something that must be planned. The cost of eating out for a family of 5 just ONE meal each night we stay is going to cost us $400 and that's eating at T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe. I'd love to try some other places but it all depends on how much savings we can gather before we start the booking and such. I think eating lunch would be cheaper, however we're planning on eating at the Condo for breakfast & lunch to cut down on the cost. Dinner is the most expensive meal of the day eating out. Thank goodness we have awhile of planning before we are certain.

Dawn! Thank you again!

I have a couple questions. So I can use the card at both places?

I can purchase 2 adult meals and get 2 of the kids meals for $0.99 for children 10 and under? AS well as a free appetizer or is it one or the other? Like I can't give a coupon for the kids meal deal and also use my card and get the free appetizer. Also do these rewards happen yearly? I see that these currently expire in December of 2012. I'm not sure when we'll make it there. I'm hoping for it to be during 2012 homeschool days in the fall.

Sorry for all the questions.

Also this might have been asked and told already but I currently can't find where I can get more info on ticket pricing for homeschool days. Any suggestions?

I was able to stack them (use the Safari club card and the .99 kids' coupons). However, they do change things sometimes and so I would ask before you order.

You can use both of them at both places, meaning they are owned by the same company so T-Rex takes Rainforest coupons.

I was able to use both at the same time at both restaurants last May.

Dawn

Dawn! Thank you again!

I have a couple questions. So I can use the card at both places?

I can purchase 2 adult meals and get 2 of the kids meals for $0.99 for children 10 and under? AS well as a free appetizer or is it one or the other? Like I can't give a coupon for the kids meal deal and also use my card and get the free appetizer. Also do these rewards happen yearly? I see that these currently expire in December of 2012. I'm not sure when we'll make it there. I'm hoping for it to be during 2012 homeschool days in the fall.

Sorry for all the questions.

Also this might have been asked and told already but I currently can't find where I can get more info on ticket pricing for homeschool days. Any suggestions?

How long will you be there? We went to the dinner shows during our longer trips. We didn't feel like we were taking time away from the parks that way. They're good, but not a must. There are so many shows at the parks that are good too. Don't miss those!!

Of the two I mentioned (Hoop De Doo and the Luau) my older boys liked the Luau better because of the guy juggling fire! Meg liked the Hoop De Doo because of the dancing girls.

The food really is just so-so. It's your typical American breakfast. The characters are at your table for such a short time. Go to the character greetings at the parks for more time.

Jennifer, I was going back through this thread and writing down everyone's suggestions on one piece of paper so I can figure out which one got the most votes, when I saw this post. I MISSED it somehow, the first time around!!!!

We are going to be there for 7 days. Thanks so much for answering about the shows. It is much needed information! Sorry I didn't notice it earlier! :D

Snacks at Animal Kingdom

We haven't actually eaten specific snacks here. I'll have to remedy that in the name of research the next time we go. :lol: So kind of you to be willing to make this sacrifice! :D

Whispering Canyon Cafe (the waiters make the night so much fun, plus you can get a milkshake with your dinner...and free refills. Just don't ask for ketchup! ;))

Ok! I'll bite! (no pun intended) Why should I not ask for ketchup at the Whispering Canyon Cafe?

Ok! I'll bite! (no pun intended) Why should I not ask for ketchup at the Whispering Canyon Cafe?

It's a secret. Actually, you SHOULD ask for ketchup. You and your family will have a GREAT laugh. We weren't aware the first time we went and it is one of my favorite family memories. The look on my son's face is one I'll never forget!!!!!