Menu

Tell me about your kitchen sink please :)

I'm thrilled that I'll finally be getting some new kitchen countertops that *I get to pick out. Woohoo!

We'll be getting a new sink & faucet & I'm just wondering what people tend to like or not.

Here's what I'm considering:

http://www.teka.com/html/cat/prod.php?producto=PR-1000030&categoria=CA-0000008&idioma=us&backto=Sinks&nameProd=143-910&nameCat=Sinks

I don't know anyone who has this so I've only seen it in the store. Any thoughts? about the material, the size (I've only ever had 50/50)?

Also, I'd like to get a commercial-style faucet like this. http://www.emoderndecor.com/commercial-style-chrome-pre-rinse-sprayer-pull-out-single-hole-kitchen-faucet-29-x-12-1-2-inch.html

What says the hive?

I love that sink! I do love my stainless steel though. So easy to scrub. What I hate (and my current sink has it now) are the sinks with the band around the top that food gets stuck in. yuk. I think they've quit making those, thank goodness.

I've eyeballed that same faucet a few times. But the one thing that holds me back is all that coil. I don't know about your kids, but mine tend to get food and other grossness on the faucet all the time. I can't imagine trying to keep that coil clean.

I love that sink! I do love my stainless steel though. So easy to scrub. What I hate (and my current sink has it now) are the sinks with the band around the top that food gets stuck in. yuk. I think they've quit making those, thank goodness.

I know, when I first started imagining new things in my kitchen I always went for the SS. This is quite the departure so I'm not totally sure. Whatever sink we get would be undermount so I don't think there'd be any space to have gunk. I hope.

I've eyeballed that same faucet a few times. But the one thing that holds me back is all that coil. I don't know about your kids, but mine tend to get food and other grossness on the faucet all the time. I can't imagine trying to keep that coil clean.

Yeah, that's what's making me hesitate. Plus the possible mineral build-up in the coils. We have really hard water. Hmmm.

Wow, I have never seen this kind. I always preferred stainless steel to porcelain because dishes slip out of my wet hands and break in the porcelain...the stainless steel gives a little. Is this material somewhat soft or as hard as porcelain?

This would be the most important factor for me and how easily it is cleaned and maintained.

Knowing how much fun we had when I used to work food service with spraying each other with those coil faucets (you can nail someone 2 feet away!) there's no way I'd put one in my kitchen...

:lol: good point. hadn't thought of that.

I think the look would be stunning!

You may want to think about getting a water softener. With a dark sink' date=' water droplets may show up after they dry, especially with hard water.[/quote']

another good point. i'll have to think about this.

Wow, I have never seen this kind. I always preferred stainless steel to porcelain because dishes slip out of my wet hands and break in the porcelain...the stainless steel gives a little. Is this material somewhat soft or as hard as porcelain?

This would be the most important factor for me and how easily it is cleaned and maintained.

Well, its stone so I would imagine there isn't any give. Right now I have porcelain & it hasn't been an issue but I guess it might become one as the kids start doing more dishes.

I think it's beautiful. I love that faucet. I'm partial to stainless steel sinks, but for practical reasons. I don't like the look of stainless steel in a home kitchen, but I make an exception for the sink because it's just easier.

See, now I LOVE stainless in general. When we replace our appliances we always go with SS. We've done the fridge & the stove but the DW & Microwave are black.

I think I'm just going to take risk & go with it. Faucet I'm not sure about yet - I haven't found a quality brand in that style for a decent price yet.

Mine is similar (the faucet is smooth), with the pull out sprayer and the side handle. I hate it. I hate that I have to consciously turn the sink on differently than every other sink in the entire world.

It looked nice when we put it in.

I really can't stand it. I've resigned myself to it, because dh insists he likes it and will not consider anything else.

It also stands up ridiculously high on the counter, and the water will splash out of the deep sink if the pressure is right (wrong). The top of the faucet hits me mid-breastbone, and I'm 5'8". I wish I had a faucet like everyone else. :(

I'm thrilled that I'll finally be getting some new kitchen countertops that *I get to pick out. Woohoo!

We'll be getting a new sink & faucet & I'm just wondering what people tend to like or not.

Here's what I'm considering:

http://www.teka.com/html/cat/prod.php?producto=PR-1000030&categoria=CA-0000008&idioma=us&backto=Sinks&nameProd=143-910&nameCat=Sinks

I don't know anyone who has this so I've only seen it in the store. Any thoughts? about the material, the size (I've only ever had 50/50)?

I have this: http://www.blancoamerica.com/c3/blanco_usa/_www/en/pub/products/product_portfolio/portfolio_catalog_sinks.cfm?fuseaction=c.productdetail&startRow=1&endRow=6&strukturID=1269339455285 in brown.

I've always had 50/50 sinks, but I when I saw this one, I knew it'd be awesome.

I *adore* this sink. The single bowl is SO much better than the double bowl. I can soak/wash large pans, and I can fill our largest deep pot. I'd never go back to a divided sink again!

As for the dark color: I love the dark brown. We have a softener, so no water spots, and the dark color looks pretty clean even when it's dirty, b/c dark colors hide a lot. :)

Ours is a similar granite composite, and I really like it. It's quiet (no clanging) and seems really sturdy.

Edited by Lisa in Jax

Mine is similar (the faucet is smooth), with the pull out sprayer and the side handle. I hate it. I hate that I have to consciously turn the sink on differently than every other sink in the entire world.

It looked nice when we put it in.

I really can't stand it. I've resigned myself to it, because dh insists he likes it and will not consider anything else.

It also stands up ridiculously high on the counter, and the water will splash out of the deep sink if the pressure is right (wrong). The top of the faucet hits me mid-breastbone, and I'm 5'8". I wish I had a faucet like everyone else. :(

THANK YOU for telling me this. I will definitely think about this one a lot more.