Menu

Ideas to spice up the walls of our school room this year

truebluexf

cheap charts on amazon or good. I think that is their name. We got one of the periodic table. I also do an artist of the season board. Just 4 a year that tie into our SOTW curriculum. I get the dover art postcards from Rainbow resources for that about $6.

Maps are always good. Costco often has a map set. We live in Oregon, so I have an Oregon trail map, and an Oregon Timeline chart. Then I bought a Dr. Seuss bulletin board set and decorated with that.

Here is a link of how it looked last year. I haven't finished for this year.

I'm so behind this year...but I'd love ideas for sprucing up the walls of our school room! We're doing SOTW1 and RS4K chemistry...any ideas? Links to good things to print out? Order? Thanks!

You're not behind.:grouphug:but i am.:eek:

Then moms over at Homeschool Reviews have a thread going with pics of their school rooms-lost of ideas especially for younger dc.:D

I'm lucky that my mother is so crafty. She is constantly making learning quilts for hands-on fun. I hang them on the walls but take them down when we use them for learning. I keep meaning to do a blog post on her quilts and explain how we use them. I know I mentioned two in previous posts that you can see here..

But for some of the quilts she finds panels at the local craft store and just quilts them. Others, like our alpha quilt, she designs and makes from scratch.

I so hope my girls get her crafty-genes and not mine. :glare:

LOVE that your mom quilts for you. Someday I want to pick back up my sewing!

I'm lucky that my mother is so crafty. She is constantly making learning quilts for hands-on fun. I hang them on the walls but take them down when we use them for learning. I keep meaning to do a blog post on her quilts and explain how we use them. I know I mentioned two in previous posts that you can see here..

But for some of the quilts she finds panels at the local craft store and just quilts them. Others, like our alpha quilt, she designs and makes from scratch.

I so hope my girls get her crafty-genes and not mine. :glare:

LOVE that your mom quilts for you. Someday I want to pick back up my sewing!

Between our quilts and dresses for the girls- she's got us covered!

I love our learning quilts - we love to "wrap" a subject around us. We have the alphabet one, the world map, a map of the USA, and a couple space themed ones. I'm always on the lookout for the next wall hanging!

I'll be hanging the world map (well switching, the USA map is in from American history last year, but I'll swap it with the world map in the playroom), I *love* that elements poster -- going to have to order that!, we'll do cave paintings week 2 I can hang up.

I have a teacher's catalog here but it's not really giving me what I want. I'd like some more basic science stuff, and lists for grammar...but I have a feeling I'm going to have to make that up myself. I feel like it would be better if the definitions matched the ones we learned from FLL exactly for better memory.

Oh, and the quilts are really amazing! ;)