Menu

Jacob's Ladder

Ummsamiyah

Yes I am Mandy. And I did get it from Amazon ;) I chose to get the level 2 after realizing it is for grades 4-5. DD is in 4th and DS is in 5th so we will see how this goes. I intend to get DS the MCT literature program but if this will work for both of them why not? It should be here by the beginning of next week so I will be back to update when we have used it for a while:D

I thought about getting this for ds but couldn't quite figure out what level. Then he did the Woodcock Johnson and tested in the 9th stanine in reading so I thought maybe we would skip that this year since he clearly has a handle on reading and focus more on writing (which he scored in the 4th:blushing::leaving:)

But I am still wondering if I shouldn't. :tongue_smilie:

• 2 years later...

Jacob's Ladder is really flexible. The levels are just general guides. My 6th graders are finding level 2 challenging enough and my 4th grader is challenged. I read the stories aloud and they are often amazed how some of the great stories are written by kids their age or younger. Then they answer the ladder questions on the ladder sheets. Then each kid reads their answer. We critique with two praises and one improvements and discuss it further if needed. Often we have gone on google to do further research on a topic that was brought up or word we don;t know. I have three kids doing this and yes I print the worksheets out and we go through them. I even have them do the evaluate page as it asks them more questions that makes them think about their thinking processes. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...