Menu

Sight for Students - Free eye exam & glasses

Came across this program and thought it might be helpful to someone here :)

It's called Sight for Students, run by VSP. If your child doesn't have vision insurance AND your income is below a certain level (200% of poverty level) your child can get a gift certificate for a free comprehensive eye exam and glasses.

Hope this helps someone :)

I read the information that was linked, but it looks like you have to be referred by one of their partners

Sight for Students certificates are delivered through a network of community partners who work directly with children. VSP relies on these partners to identify children with potential vision problems and determine if a child meets the eligibility requirements of the Sight for Students program. The following national partners participate in Sight for Students: Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Head Start, National Association of School Nurses, National Association of Community Health Centers and the American Optometric Association. Regional partners include: Prevent Blindness America, several state optometric associations, the National Council of LaRaza and Communities in Schools

I'm not sure how you go about getting referred to them. If anyone smarter than me, knows how to go about this, please share, I have an almost 10 year old who I'm pretty sure is due for glasses.

I read the information that was linked, but it looks like you have to be referred by one of their partners

I'm not sure how you go about getting referred to them. If anyone smarter than me, knows how to go about this, please share, I have an almost 10 year old who I'm pretty sure is due for glasses.

Here's the "Find a Partner" page: http://vsp.via.infonow.net/sight/