Menu

Need suggestions for Reading Tree project

Satori

I'm about to build a Reading Tree to track the books we've read. I blogged about our initial samples just now, but really need some more ideas to finish the final project.

I'm very anxiously waiting to see photos from Helena as she mentioned she'll share pictures of hers tonight. I'm also :bigear: for anyone else to share their photos or suggestions!

Wow, you two are much more organized and creative about it than I was. That looks great, Helena!

I used cardboard stapled to the wall and twisted paper. :lol: It's lasted a year and a half so far though!

Here is a pic:

http://independenceacademy.blogspot.com/2010/01/our-reading-tree.html

Nicole your tree is beautiful! Did you see my original tree (the one I made) on my fairytale thread? It's hurtin'. :tongue_smilie:

Nicole and Helena, your trees look so impressive. I'm afraid I don't have the skill to make my own tree like those though. I'm thinking of getting a wall decal like this Large Tree Decal Sticker Mural but that too looks daunting for me to put up on our textured walls.

This reminds me of something I saw on HGTV once.... A designer took fabric and cut it into a desired shape, then "glued" it onto the wall using liquid starch and water I think. Let me Google.....

Ah ha! Found some ideas. How about Orange mixed up her own batch of starch and used tested the idea with fabric decals she made. The Makingitfun blog used liquid starch from the store. Maybe you can use this technique to make your own fabric "tree" for your wall.

• 1 year later...
Wow, you two are much more organized and creative about it than I was. That looks great, Helena!

I used cardboard stapled to the wall and twisted paper. :lol: It's lasted a year and a half so far though!

Here is a pic:

http://independenceacademy.blogspot.com/2010/01/our-reading-tree.html

I cannot begin to express how envious I am of your school room. It's probably the most jealous I've ever been of anything! It's so beautiful. It's so limiting sometimes having such a small house.