Menu

What is it about babies

Post count doesn't reveal lurking habits.

You were pretty familiar in your tone with Colleen. It's not fair to take that tone with someone who's had no chance to get to know you because you've chosen to lurk until very recently. It could come of as a little creepy.

I got what you meant with you first post but I can understand the confusion some people had in reaction to it. Best to be as clear as possible about what you mean as possible in the first place.:)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Colleen, I knew that anyone out here would be offended/snarky/rude/racist about that it would be YOU!

Have my handful of posts in the past year ~ primarily relating to food, organics, Sonlight, and the Stanley Cup made such an impression on you? I'm honored!

Mexican is not a bad word. People born in Mexico are Mexicans. People born in Canada are Canadians...
That's "Canucks" to those of us who are BC hockey fans, thankyouverymuch.;)

The ladies who kissed my baby at the park were always Mexican. Not hispanic, not latino, not "Mexican American."

I pointed this out so that anyone with reasoning could see that it was likely a CULTURAL THING.

Ah, I see. Sort of.

Do you ladies know each other IRL or something?
As far as I'm aware, I don't know Muffin from a cupcake.

Have my handful of posts in the past year ~ primarily relating to food, organics, Sonlight, and the Stanley Cup made such an impression on you? I'm honored!

That's "Canucks" to those of us who are BC hockey fans, thankyouverymuch.;)

Ah, I see. Sort of.

As far as I'm aware, I don't know Muffin from a cupcake.[/color]

:lol::lol::lol: Colleen you must have your funny britches on because you are cracking me up!!!

You know, I wonder if it is a coincidence but today at the Farmer's Markets TWO separate people offered me their babies to hold and cuddle at different times (we hang out there several hours). One of them gave me their bay 4 times while she chased her two older kids around the markets- other other just left their baby with me for half an hour so they could have a break- also chasing a toddler. I couldn't help think of this thread- I had always loved upon their babies but these are not close friends and they both, separately, virtually shoved their babies into my arms today. I know I probably don't look scary, but I was touched they would trust me with their babies while they chased other kids.

That was how I was with my kids too, though, except my younger wouldn't go to other people. My older would though, and I made the most of it.