Menu

Youtube....your favorite educational videos

AngelBee

There's a user that has a series of mini-documentaries on backyard birds, which has been perfect for us, since when I asked Monkey what animals he wanted to learn about it was birds birds birds, and has mostly continued to be birds and more birds. One of my blog posts, with clips, about birds is here. We also watch a fair amount of tourism clips when we are doing geography stuff. We do postcrossing, & look at some of the countries our cards come from, so what country we're studying is pretty random, but countries and often even cities will have tourism clips that are either official or someone visited and made one.

A few years ago, while doing a Geography Fair, we learned the greek alphabet from two youtube videos. One was put out by MUS Steve Demme and the other was by 800schamp (I think). My kids still remember a surprising amount of the song.

There are a bunch of great learning videos out there!

I LOVE the songs we can find there. My kids seem to catch on quickly with music.

We are about to watch Horrible Histories right now.

We watched a movie about Atilla the Hun. Totally different take on him. We LOVED it! Does have one or two scene that have some sexual content (or eluding to)

Definitely Eureka!, an old Canadian TV show about physics and chemistry. Middle school level, but can be enjoyed by youngers.

Also, all the

. And the Schoolhouse Rock videos.

I like the

podcasts.

Can you tell we use Youtube for science a lot?

We often find unusual gems, but I usually forget them as soon as I find them. One I remember (mostly because I blogged about it) was an animated