Menu

If you have done Sonlight B

krisperry

We just started Core B here. We have the Sonlight book. I am not impressed with it. The one from Sonlight is very outdated in my opinion. There is also a page on Evolution, which is left out of the reading schedule, but my son still wanted to read that page. He is immature (at 6) and thinks the naked pictures are amusing. This is most definitely not a book I would have bought on my own. I hope the book on amazon is an updated edition! :)

I have both of these books and they are quite different. It's not just that one has Internet links and the other doesn't. In mine, the text is different, too. The newer one has photographs but the older one has drawings. I like the newer one (the one from the bottom link on your post) but I absolutely detest (it's just ugly) the other one (the one at the SL website). When we used SL B (I believe my guide was the 2001 edition) the book was just scheduled a couple of pages a day as a read-aloud, there were no activities or anything extra related to it. So, it would have been easy to substitute the newer book for the older one and that's what I would have done had it been updated at that time. I'm not sure if it matters with the newer SL guides.