Menu

SOTW Vol. 1 Activity guide- Are they still making the spiral bound?

They said one of the reasons they are no longer printing the looseleaf or spiral is because bookstores don't like to stock that type of book. They are only (on a go forward basis) making the clean type of binding (I don't know what she called it, but it's like a regular book) and loose "student pages".

Hot Lava Mama

I bought the regular version and divided it into two parts. The first part (with the teaching/lessons/ideas) I had spiral bound at Staples. The other section (student worksheets) I left loose so I could make copies for dd#2. It worked out better (for me) to not have all those worksheets spiral bound in with the teacher material. Now, I have a nice, compact spiral bound lesson book without the extra worksheets. :)

hths!

I bought the regular version and divided it into two parts. The first part (with the teaching/lessons/ideas) I had spiral bound at Staples. The other section (student worksheets) I left loose so I could make copies for dd#2. It worked out better (for me) to not have all those worksheets spiral bound in with the teacher material. Now, I have a nice, compact spiral bound lesson book without the extra worksheets. :)

hths!

So you bought the regular paperback bound book and had it made into spiral bound at Staples??? Wow! I had no idea I could do that. How much did it cost?

I did the same thing and it's not much at all. I had Office Depot cut off the binding and then 3 hole punch the student pages for me to make multiple copies and keep the masters for future. Then I actually bound the rest myself. They have the Ibico machine sitting out and I just bought the binders in the store. I think for everything - cutting off binding, buying the ibico binders and making the copies of the student pages it was less than $10. It would have been more had they bound it for me but they are really helpful and can show you how to use it if you don't already know.

Hth

So you bought the regular paperback bound book and had it made into spiral bound at Staples??? Wow! I had no idea I could do that. How much did it cost?

IIRC it was around $3-$4.50 to have it done. I also spiral-bound the regular copy of SOTW so it stays open when I'm reading it. :)

The only thing Staples can't spiral bound are hardback books. Anything else is fair game (and I've had many of the kids' workbooks and textbooks done like this!). :D

I'm pretty sure Office Depot and Kinko's can do it as well, in case those might be more convenient. :)