Menu

Anyone use Rusty Hughes instructional video for Apologia Science?

Guest emb2x2

Guest emb2x2

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the instructional video that Apologia now sells that has Rusty Hughes as the teacher is worth purchasing. I am torn between purchasing that or the one with Steve Rosenoff. Help!

I just spend last weekend looking at both of these for Chem. It is my understanding that the big difference is that the Rusty cd has all the LABs and the other one with the dog on the front (Steve) does not but has forms and is more of a support material kind of thing. The Rusty cd seems to have a good reputation and it is very tempting. If I was to buy one, I'd buy the Rusty on mainly because of the LABs and because supporting material is easy to find on the net (ie Donna Young or Virtual HS group etc).

Check out this forum post to get further clarification from Steve Rosenoff. I found it really helpful: (See post #316)

http://forums.crosswalk.com/m_2900991/mpage_13/tm.htm

• Like 1

Well, I can probably help here. My dd just finished up her 1st week using the Rusty Hughes DVD. She LOVES it. She has completed 4 labs so far. He does it all on the DVD and she does it right along with him in our kitchen.

Rusty actually goes to our church and it's funny to know where the DVDs were filmed. We don't know him well, but my dd was giggling a lot this week while watching him. She said that he makes reference to his kids, and since she knows who they are, she finds it funny.

DD had completed Apologia General Science and Physical Science, but we specifically chose to skip Biology and go straight to Chemistry because of this DVD. I needed her to do the labs and I knew that the only way I could make certain that she was able to do so is to buy the kit and then have this DVD. She said that the DVD is really helping and Rusty is engaging and easy to understand.

I am praying that this DVD will sell very well so that he is able to make DVDs for Biology and the rest of the courses.

My dd's recommendation is to buy the Rusty Hughes DVD.

• Like 3

Well, I can probably help here. My dd just finished up her 1st week using the Rusty Hughes DVD. She LOVES it. She has completed 4 labs so far. He does it all on the DVD and she does it right along with him in our kitchen.

Rusty actually goes to our church and it's funny to know where the DVDs were filmed. We don't know him well, but my dd was giggling a lot this week while watching him. She said that he makes reference to his kids, and since she knows who they are, she finds it funny.

DD had completed Apologia General Science and Physical Science, but we specifically chose to skip Biology and go straight to Chemistry because of this DVD. I needed her to do the labs and I knew that the only way I could make certain that she was able to do so is to buy the kit and then have this DVD. She said that the DVD is really helping and Rusty is engaging and easy to understand.

I am praying that this DVD will sell very well so that he is able to make DVDs for Biology and the rest of the courses.

My dd's recommendation is to buy the Rusty Hughes DVD.

This is great to know! I was hoping someone that had used the dvds could chime in. I've been very interested in these in particular. :)

• 8 months later...

Can you please elaborate on what Rusty Hughes covers in his DVD's? Does he lecture on the module content? Or is his instruction only focused on the labs?

We currently use Red Wagon Tutorials which is content focused, so I'm wondering how Rusty Hughes DVD's compare.

I noticed that Rusty Hughes will be releasing an Apologia Physical Science DVD soon.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...