Menu

What is wrong with my white board??

I'm using Expo Dry Erase fine markers. I thought these were good markers. So is the problem with the markers or my white board, which btw, is a wall mounted white board I purchased from an office supply store.

I cannot simply erase with an eraser or rag. The marks are left behind in a ghostly blurry image. I can't stand writing over the marks. I need to use a wet rag to wipe it away and a dry rag to dry it before I can write on it again. This interrupts our lessons obviously.

What can I do?

Try cleaning it with the Expo Cleaner and see if that helps. There might be a film or something on it.

But overall, i've not had good luck with some boards - normally the cheap ones though.

Sometimes i've had to use a thick one and color all over it too, then it will work. So you might try that.

And Expo are the only markers i'll use - the rest of them i just end up throwing away.

Sometime you can make your own cleaner (alcohol) and that will fix the problem. Also, if you use colored expo markers I have noticed that some colors erase easier than others. The colors that erase easily a store writing end down - the ones that are harder to erase I store writing end up (this seems to make the ink not as abundant when you write). Hope this was helpful!

We use Windex to clean our whiteboard. None of the markers I've found wipe off completely without a little Windex "help." I used to use the Expo whiteboard cleaner, but cannot stand the smell of it. Just one little squirt of the Windex cleans the entire board.

hths! :001_smile:

Expos have never worked for me. I don't know why, since they are supposed to be so good and people swear by them! I just swear at them.

Try the Screamers. I can't remember the brand, but I've never had a problem with these--they are avail at Walmart, I think.

You may have damaged your board. I had to throw away two boards because I tried to clean it, and I also used the wet markers on it in desperation.