Menu

Summer shoes/dry feet

I don't think I've seen a thread about this recently. (I could be wrong!) It is pretty warm where we live and I can wear flip flops/sandals 365 days/year. My feet are SO dry, though. Really, really bad. I would like to either get some kind of cream/lotion to put on them or a shoe where they can easily breathe but not dry out as bad. I get really hot when I have anything on my feet, so I'd love to find some kind of breathable shoe, if such exists.

Suggestions?

if you can afford it, go get a GOOD pedicure - make sure they exfoliate, moisturize & massage. After that, it's a matter of maintenance; get a pumice stone for the shower (they're cheap, about $5), and put your favorite lotion on every night when you go to bed (and every morning, too).

If you can't afford the pedicure, give yourself one! Give your feet a good soak in warm, soapy water. Next give the really dry areas a good scrub with that pumice stone that you're going to get (because you need it. you really do. and it's only $5). You might want to buy a foot scrub while you're at it and exfoliate with that too. Then pat your tootsies dry and lotion up!

My favorite lotion is St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter.

And whatever you do, don't give up the flip flops! :001_smile:

I use I Love Shea Foot by Bath and Body Works on me feet. I put it on my feet before bed every night. I also use their foot scrub in the shower 3 times a week. If my heels get really bad I use an emery board to get the yuck filed off.

We were flips about 9 months out of the year, so I'm with you!