Menu

How do you organize

I usually have around 30 at any given time. Our library provides you with a bag to carry your books in, When I get home my books stay in the bag. My daughters books go in this blue wheel barrel like... thing that her grandma gave her when she was two. :glare: Putting library books in it is the only use I have found for the dern thing. BUT it does help her to know exactly where to put her books. So eye sore aside, it works. :)

I have separate shelves for books from different libraries. Anything not yet used goes on the shelves. Anything we're currently using is either at our desks or on our nightstands. Anything we are done with goes into the return bags (also different for each library). If you don't have enough shelf space, crates or laundry baskets could work.

You can check baskets out from the Provo library. I don't know if they have a limit though. Also, from personal experience, each basket will hold about 50 children's books. And be very heavy.

I used plastic milk crates from Walmart to help organize them. History books went in one basket, science books went in another, Mommy's books went in another. You would probably need a lot more than that with 200 books.

I have one of those big Expidit bookshelves from Ikea with the plastic bins. Each kid has a bin for his books, and then there's a joint bin for the joint books. I keep books I'm using for school on another 2 shelves, and my own books on a 3rd shelf.

When it's time to take them back, I print off a list from the computer of the books I need to return and gather them up in a rolling granny cart and check them off the list as I put them in the cart. This method has taken time to develop, but it has really saved me on the late fees. No library books are allowed out of the living/dining/school room without authorization from mom. I make a note of said books by my computer so I'll know where to look if those books are missing.