Menu

Teaching Textbooks Scheduling

So I am one of the ones waiting for TT Pre-Algebra to get shipped. This will be our first year to use TT, and I was wondering how it schedules out.

I had hoped to peruse the book ahead of time, obviously, but we start school on the 22nd!

We typically do a 4-day school week. How do the rest of you that have already used TT schedule your math?

Thanks for any help!

I don't know if this will help but... We used the Pre-Alg book 1/2 of last year and will be in it part of this year as well..

I originally bought it for DD 12 - she whipped through the first half or so of the book because it was mainly review (she had done Singapore 5A,5B, Life of Fred Fractions, Decimals and Percents, and the first Pre-Alg w/Biology book before we started). I guess I am using it for her as a review before moving on to the next LofF book which seems a little more challenging...). She did two lessons a day but skipped the practice problems and quite a few of the review problems. (Each lesson throws in review problems all the way back to lesson one, so if they are mastered for a week or so, we just move on and then the kid will see them again on the test. Does that make sense?)

DS10 is going through the book now, one lesson at a time - 4 days a week and then LofF Fract/Dec&% on Fridays. He picks up math very easily but makes silly mistakes, so we are going slowly - if he misses too many, we stop and review - but like I said, he is usually missing silly things like addition... (He did Singapore 4A, 4B and most of 5A before starting).

So, my thoughts are that like everything else, it just depends on the kid... there is a great deal of review in this book - so it will be up to you how much your kid needs/can handle per day.

We've only used TT5 so far but were able to do math 4x a week except for the weeks in which there were quizzes- we did those on the 5th day as I recall. Each lesson took about a half hour total.

How often are the quizzes?

Mrs.MacGyver, my DD sounds like your DS. Her mistakes are never with the "process", they are always multiplication errors, or sometimes even sign errors. Makes me crazy!

How often are the quizzes?

Mrs.MacGyver, my DD sounds like your DS. Her mistakes are never with the "process", they are always multiplication errors, or sometimes even sign errors. Makes me crazy!

The frequency of the quizzes is not always consistent. In TT 5, for ex, it's mostly every 7th lesson. In TT Algebra 1, though, it varies (it's the end of every chapter, but not all chapters have the same number of lessons).

You really need to see the table of contents and schedule from there, but basically, just plan one lesson/quiz a day, each day do the next one and you'll get through.