Menu

Is there such a thing as a comfortable maternity bra?

I'm in search of a comfortable maternity bra - I don't need a lot of support, but as mentioned in a previous thread, "shelf-bra" camisoles really don't do the trick. I could go without, but am not comfortable with that either. Does anyone have a great source of something comfortable that doesn't cut into my ribs, leaving marks, etc....This is pregnancy #6 - you would think I might have found something by now, but I quit looking several pregnancies ago and now I really don't want to take all four kids with me to try them on...:tongue_smilie:.

Thanks!

Melody

I'm due in October and I switched to wearing sports bras about 4 months ago. They are SO much more comfortable than a regular bra.

So, do you buy maternity sports bras or regular sports in a larger size? I feel dumb asking that question, but I am unable to workout during pregnancy due to complications, so have never needed anything of the sort....

I just bought regular ones in a bit larger size. I don't need much support either, so I hate all the underwire, padding, etc. Sports bras do the trick. Plus, with maternity tops usually being lower cut (for some reason companies must think that pregnant women want to show more cleavage???), a sports bra provides some cover in that area where the shirt dips.

I'm due in October and I switched to wearing sports bras about 4 months ago. They are SO much more comfortable than a regular bra.

I second wearing something like a sports bra, and if you can find your size at the store, it's probably less expensive than these, but I've worn these bras (during pregnancy, nursing and regularly) since pregnant w/ my first. They're very comfortable and they will alter them once for free if you order and they don't fit just right:

http://decentexposures.com/

Try the Yes! Nursing bra. It is super comfy, will fit both during PG and nursing, has a no roll band, an overlapping bodice to give you room to grow,and one handed drop down flaps. I LOVED mine. I was trying to find you a link, but not having any luck. :001_smile:

ETA: Aha, found link: http://continuum-family.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=29