Menu

I bought the SOTW Vol 1 Audio book today...

Mama2Many4

to accompany my book that we have and oh my goodness! It adds SO much to the lesson!

Jim Weiss' voice is like velvet. He also adds emphasis right where it needs to be. Every time I read the history lesson, I would get to a part in the chapter that I wanted to discuss further at that time and would then lose my place on the page when it was time to read on. I would lose my kids interest at that time. Well, with the audio book my kids were excited. Intrigued. Hanging on every word, as was I.

If anyone has been wondering about getting the audio book, GET IT! You won't be sorry. It was the best $30 I've spent on HS'ing curriculum in weeks.

I'm buying all four.:D

We loved the audiobook for SOTW1.

I've been holding off on picking up SOTW2 because it's so pricey. How do you see if/when they go on sale at Amazon? (Silly me, I didn't even know that Amazon has sales.)

Check on a daily basis. Amazon just had them on sale a couple of weeks ago - if I remember correctly, they were $29 and change? The list is $44.95.

We love the audio tapes too. We split our time between two houses 600 miles apart and we listened to the entire set on our 12 hr ride twice already. My 6 yr old LOVES listening to it, and we haven't even started the book/activity pages yet.

How do you see if/when they go on sale at Amazon? (Silly me, I didn't even know that Amazon has sales.)

I put things in my cart and click my cart a few times a day. If the price changes on something it'll tell you when you open your cart. I have like 5 pages of stuff in my cart (well, I guess in the save for later section).

I got the story books for SOTW but didn't think the CD's were necessary, guess I'll have to rethink that! :001_huh:

Just one note of caution: I found, as a Catholic, a lot of things in the second book and some in the third that were contrary to the way I believe history to have really played out. SWB tries to give a fair telling of history and I am fond of the SOTW books, but by themselves, I think their telling of parts of history presents a definite Protestant bias. When I'm reading those books to my kids, I can edit on the fly and change things slightly in some areas (or leave out the chapters on Martin Luther and Queen Elizabeth entirely). While you can still omit chapters with the CD, you can't change the wording or presentation of the Church in other places.

Thank you! I am so excited about finding sale prices on Amazon!

Crazy question - where are you finding the SOTW 2 CD? I can only seem to find one, listed at $84. I'm guessing there are different editions... Or I'm blind?

We adore the audiobooks, so finding it for less than $84 will be great!

ETA that I found it! Yippee! Thanks, all!

Edited by Spryte

Thank you! I am so excited about finding sale prices on Amazon!

Crazy question - where are you finding the SOTW 2 CD? I can only seem to find one, listed at $84. I'm guessing there are different editions... Or I'm blind?

We adore the audiobooks, so finding it for less than $84 will be great!

ETA that I found it! Yippee! Thanks, all!

:party: