Menu

Ana White brag

Lovely! I've made the library cart, but my Mom painted it for me, and she didn't notice that I'd inadvertently picked up the wrong tin of paint from the hardware store. One day I'll get around to repainting. The library cart holds all dd10's school books.

It was mostly fun ;).

I have a couple more projects (more bookshelves:D) from the site that I want to get done this summer but I need my dh's help - they are past beginner level. It's so empowering to actually put furniture together and the cool thing is that when the site says it's "beginner" level- it really is!

LunaLee- post pics when you are done, o.k.?

nd293- now all 3 of the younger kids want thier own library cart. I was going to use it to put the library books on it, but they all want one for their school books!

My son and I also built the rolling bookcart for his bedroom a few weeks ago. Awesome. We stained ours and it turned out very manly. :D

I need to look at those cubes also...hmmm....How much did you spend on the wood for the cubes?

My 3 younger kids and I built the library cart and 3 cube bookshelves yesterday and today- pics here.

It was fun, except for the 2nd cube bkshelf that we had to take apart 1/2 way through and almost start over on.

Nice! And how wonderful to do together :D got a link to the project.

Awesome! Dh and I are going to build 3 of the 8ft long ledge shelves tomorrow for our living room wall. If all goes well, I hope we can do more-like those cubby shelves!

Link? :001_smile:

My son and I also built the rolling bookcart for his bedroom a few weeks ago. Awesome. We stained ours and it turned out very manly. :D I like that idea!

I need to look at those cubes also...hmmm....How much did you spend on the wood for the cubes?

I'm not even sure how much we spent on the cubes yet. My 20 yo went to buy the wood and I asked her to ask if they made free cuts (Menards will do 5 for free) and then she charged it (we've done a lot of biz with our local hardware store since the fire!). She just asked if they would do the cuts so we paid for wood and all of the straight cuts and I haven't seen the bill yet!

I have to add - your blog is great!!!

TYVM!!:001_smile: