Menu

True confessions from TOG user....Can anyone relate?

I was soo excited to get my TOG redesign. I had gone through all four years with the Classic and I so anticipated using the new redesign.

But I must confess.....I keep going back to my Classic, instead of using my new redesign......Maybe it is just familiar......Maybe just comfortable......Maybe I like the simplicity of the Classic

Can anyone relate to this?

It is about time for me to order my TOG year 3 Redesign, but am "rethinking" it. Would I really use it or should I just stay with the Classic?

Am I crazy or what?

Blessings,

Brenda

The last time we used year three I had one LG, one UG and one D. This time I have one R, One who is almost R(8th-She will do history as R and lit as D), one UG, and one LG(The baby is now reading.....). So, this is first time through year 3 with Rhetoric students. But still have the lower levels and the books that we used with our "youngers" before.

Hope that helps,

Just ranting today, just wondering if anyone had been in my boat before.

Blessings,

Brenda

O.K. I am sooo glad to know that I'm not the only one in this boat. I think this would only be true for those of us who have done all four years of TOG with the Classic.

It is comfortable and we know what we are doing now and last but not least, WE HAVE THE BOOKS. (I think there is something to be said for being a good steward of what God has given us and not spending where we don't need to.

There are also times in Year 2 where the whole family might do one book, like in reading Dangerous Journey in week 24. We have wonderful memories of Dad reading that to the whole family. It is a much simplier approach instead of just the Dialectic reading this in the Redesign.

Not upset or complaining at all. Just making an observation and letting others know that the "grass is not always greener". :)

Blessings to all of you this holiday weekend,

Brenda