Menu

Book recommendation

I'm not sure what level your 8th grader is reading on, but this would be my recommendation.

http://www.amazon.com/Spanish-Inquisition-Historical-Revision/dp/0300078803/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I don't know what level I would consider her either. She is a very strong reader. I should get it tested again. 2 years ago when she was in 6th she tested at a 10th grade 5th month. This book looks great! Thanks! It will push her vocab a bit (which is what I am working on doing) :D

I need a good recommendation for an 8th grader about the Spanish Inquisition. TIA :001_smile:

Are you looking for a book that discusses and explains the Inquisition? Or something that will prompt thinking and discussion about it?

If the latter, you might want to look at a chapter from Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamozov. One brother recounts a dream where Jesus returns during the Inquisition. I've seen it published as a stand alone short story called The Grand Inquisitor.

But it is more using the Inquisition as a literary tool than discussing the facts of the event.

If the latter, you might want to look at a chapter from Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamozov. One brother recounts a dream where Jesus returns during the Inquisition. I've seen it published as a stand alone short story called The Grand Inquisitor.

But it is more using the Inquisition as a literary tool than discussing the facts of the event.

Ohh I like this also! We may stretch the Inquisition study out a bit :D