Menu

If you use Ambleside Online, where do you buy your books?

We'll be in Y3 of AO soon and this will be the first time I've decided to buy our books. I've used the computer for most of the resources because they are on there. But, I think it would be good to build up our library and actually have a book in hand, plus we are in a position to buy books this time. Yay!! I searched on Amazon and found all of them, but was wondering if there is a better place that I don't know of? Thanks!

I just found BetterWorldBooks thanks to Abbey, and they have worked very well. Also, if you are interested, many of the Ambleside books are available for free or very inexpensive on Kindle. My kids just aren't careful enough to use a Kindle for school yet - and they can't have mine! ;)

amazon, library sales, used book stores, free kindle, and I print a lot because I like to use a bigger font and have my kids illustrate, write vocab and narrations, copy work etc in the margins and on the blank backs. I just 3 hole punch and pop in a binder.

HTH

Faithe

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bringing this older thread back to the top, but just wanted to mention this.

I found Our Island Story today at Barnes and Noble in the $2 bargain bins. It is the copy published by Orion Books (UK), and contains most, if not all, the illustrations from the one available online at the Baldwin Project. I was thrilled with this find.