Menu

America the Story of Us - FREE Book?

nov05mama

I saw this on a blog posted on Facebook and thought I would share...I haven't called yet, so I can't personally verify this yet, but what a great deal if it works!

http://www.teacherthink.com/2011/free-america-the-story-of-us-book/

Last summer History.com offered a free copy of America the Story of Us DVD for every school. This summer History.com is giving away the companion book [Regularly $29.95, just pay $3.95 shipping]. Like the series, it has some amazing visual representation of history.

FREE! The companion book to HISTORY’s critically-acclaimed miniseries America The Story of Us is an excellent American history overview for adult readers and advanced students. Featuring 412 heavily-illustrated pages including maps, photographs, primary sources, and more, this book tells the riveting story of American history from the early colonies through today. Order today to get your free copy — all you pay is $3.95 for Shipping/Handling.

Call 1-800-344-6336 to order (during normal business hours); customer service representatives can provide instructions for emailing your institution’s PO information to educationsupport@history.com

HISTORY has developed extensive education resources to accompany America The Story of Us, a 12-part series. Visit us online at http://www.history.com/america to find teacher’s guides, episode guides and related video clips.

Let me know if any of you have already called or if you get a chance to do so before I do!!

I did. I am on their mailing list since ordering the Story of Us DVD.

I emailed and asked about homeschoolers and they told me to call. So, I called and ordered the book and it was only $3.95 for the shipping. I don't have it yet though.

I actually meant to post this and forgot. I'm glad you did.

I did. I am on their mailing list since ordering the Story of Us DVD.

I emailed and asked about homeschoolers and they told me to call. So, I called and ordered the book and it was only $3.95 for the shipping. I don't have it yet though.

I actually meant to post this and forgot. I'm glad you did.

Awesome! I just tried to call, but the lines are busy. I wish you could order online (I don't like the idea of giving out my card info over the phone) but I am sure they don't want thousands of people ordering either ;) LOL

Guest TeacherThink

Hi Classical Homeschool Educators,

First, let me tell you that I love what you are doing! I am a high school teacher [social Studies and Math]. I believe we need to return to a classical education. The forum is a beautiful place to exchange ideas, and a perfect name for such.

I am also the creator/blogger at http://www.TeacherThink.com You don't know how much I appreciate the traffic of quality homeschool parents I have gotten through mere word of mouth on your site. I try to find creative ways to engage kids and share them on my site. Please continue to share what I have. I am not looking to profit, rather enrich what I can do in my own classroom and at home. Please feel free to comment on any posts too.

Again, thanks for the great discussions and for doing such a great job with out future!

Jeff @TeacherThink

My book came today. :)

It's nice. There is actually a price sticker on it that says $17.95. Since I'm a sucker for a good deal, that gives me a slight thrill.

Anyway, I've only flipped through it. It is very photo heavy and I think it will be an excellent visual supplement to our American history studies.

It's worth the shipping cost all day long.

The member reviews on netflix say it is a distorted view of history and is full of a bunch of actors and activists. Is it a good view of history?

It's okay. A bit on the "politically correct" side but it seems toned down from the original series (which I've previewed but decided to pass on).