Menu

7th grade schedule - am i doing too much or forgetting anything?

History/Geography/Literature/Worldview/Church history – TOG Yr2.

Math U See – Zeta

Logic: Building Thinking Skills from Critial Thinking Co

Spelling/Vocab: vocab words from tapestry curr.

Grammar: Daily Grams Gr 7 & IEW (mad libs for fun)

Science: Apologia General Science

Writing: IEW

Foreign Language: Educación Española - from DE Straming

Art: All Mark Kistler online art lessons, Artelier, TOG covers art history

PE: PE co-op and TKD

Music: TOG covers music history, field trips

Free reading

How does this look?

Hi there,

It looks really good, but I do have one thing for you to consider. I don't know if you are new to TOG or not, so I have to interject. Has your 7th grader done a lot of spelling and vocabulary already? Is he strong in language arts? If so, I just thought I'd point out that TOG vocabulary is aimed at the weekly lesson rather than learning to spell everyday words, classical language root meanings, etc. For some students, the TOG vocabulary would work just great if this is the case, but as a TOG user myself I would not use the vocabulary list as the only spelling/vocabulary study for my 7th grader. I use the list to help cement comprehension of the TOG lessons.

Just a thought fwiw.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Hi there,

It looks really good, but I do have one thing for you to consider. I don't know if you are new to TOG or not, so I have to interject. Has your 7th grader done a lot of spelling and vocabulary already? Is he strong in language arts? If so, I just thought I'd point out that TOG vocabulary is aimed at the weekly lesson rather than learning to spell everyday words, classical language root meanings, etc. For some students, the TOG vocabulary would work just great if this is the case, but as a TOG user myself I would not use the vocabulary list as the only spelling/vocabulary study for my 7th grader. I use the list to help cement comprehension of the TOG lessons.

Just a thought fwiw.

Blessings,

Lucinda

That's a good point. If you feel you need to add some vocab you could look at Vocabulary Vine - Latin and Greek Roots for this year (made to work with Apologia).

They also have one called Science Roots that is made to be used with Biology. There is a 2 year schedule where you would start it next year with Physical Science, and finish it up with Biology. OR just skip it next year, and do it all during Biology. Some people prefer to spread it over 2 years since there is A LOT of vocabulary. It will lighten up your load quite a bit.