Menu

Do you unfriend obnoxious relatives on Facebook?

Should I remove BIL from my Facebook friends list?  

1. 1. Should I remove BIL from my Facebook friends list?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.
    • Other.

He can still comment on your wall even if he is "hidden." I would unfriend him and let him know what you're doing before you do it.

I'd hide him too - if he comments on your wall, that then means he's specifically going to your profile to see what you have posted since you'll no longer show up on his wall feed when you've hidden him.

You can also specifically block him from seeing your stuff without unfriending him - not necessarily all your posts, but very specific ones you make when you make them (click on the small lock option under the status line and click 'customize').....that would keep the peace (if necessary) in the family because you haven't unfriended him.

I would unfriend him based on that alone. Take my advice with a grain of salt, I've refused to facebook to avoid in-law drama.

Tempting. ;) Dh and my older brother enjoy goading BIL, but when BIL snaps he gets really ugly and mean. Like the time he compared me to Hitler due to some political activism I did. :rolleyes: He made another Nazi comment today on the current issue. Lovely man. :glare:

I'll look at the different settings. He dared me to unfriend him over our last big blowup in April, so I've kept him out of...spite, I guess.

I voted "other." There is a way to make them invisible so they don't show up on your feed. You still show up on their feed and you can still go to their page, but they don't show up on yours. That won't stop them from posting obnoxious things to YOU, but it will prevent you from seeing their annoying status updates. Yes, I have a cousin I did this to.